HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Immediate fog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I have used the Antari Z-Series Low Lying Fog Machine (around $499.99 before shipping charges for this 60 lbs unit), the F-1250 from Chauvet ($149.99), and have literally had to send them in for repairs twice. Now I haven't even used them in a Haunted House, just a retail store scene, and have had many, many problems wth them. By the way, if you plan on sending them in for repairs, don't expect them back anytime soon! Usually it takes about 4-6 weeks minimum, and the folks at both Chauvet and Antari warranty repair are in no hurry to get it back to you, if they can even find it in their "warehouse". Both companies have stated to me that the "pumps" are the main problem. Either way, it does me no good!

Can anyone please give me a list of a couple of comparable foggers that are VERY reliable, and the companies/product number/website to purchase? I do the cleaning of half vinegar half distilled water and it still just stops working. As you all know this is VERY frustrating.

I too will have an electric chair scene and would hate to have problems during the night with the stupid fog machine.

Also, any thoughts on fog fluid? Where do you get yours at? I have used both the Low Lying and Heavy for the fog chiller and have found that the heavy just looks better. Any other thoughts on this?

Also one more question... Where do you take/send professional fog machines for repair work after the warranty runs out?
    -Grant

2. Default  
    If you call up the manufacturer they will usually sell you whatever part you need (pump, heating element, thermal switch, whatever).

I buy some things through a theatre supply store here in Seattle called PNTA. For out of warranty items I don't feel like fixing my self they will fix it for me. There may be similar stores in your area.

3. Default  
    Your right, the type of Fog Juice is important. There is some real junk on the market, buy from someone reputable. At TW this year was a new company called Froggy's Fog. He formulates his to your spec! In issue 27 of HA I wrote an article on building a smoke distribution box. This might help you a bit.
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    My first experience with manufacturing fog was at a camp out as we urinated on a white-hot piece of metal taken from the campfire and held close to "Johnny's" sleeping face...then the wind shifted and was that nasty!

5. Default  
    Thats what I'm talking about jim, quality fog juice!
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

6. Default  
    I did a writeup on how to modify a Lite F/X fogger so you can always have immediate fog if anybody doesn't want to spend more than $20 on their fog machine:

http://www.modd3d.com/articles/item/...lite-fx-fogger

7. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Well, Scottzilla, this is obviously way too simple to work!!!
    hahahaha!
    Homely Depot now has a $9.95 price tag on a very small box of spade connectors! I couldn't believe it, didn't buy them. The connector you use will probably be selling for $3.oo each!?
    I have two fogg machines that I paid alot more than $20 for that are usually too "busy" to work for me (just like some of my relatives!), "Busy" doing nothing.
    I might be attempting to re-wire some human brains soon, since "Carrot on a Stick" doesn't work. $100.oo bill on-a-stick didn't work either?
    Put them on a stick might be needed, "Come on! Get on the stick!"

Thread Information