HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: 2012 HAUNTED OVERLOAD progress thread

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default 2012 HAUNTED OVERLOAD progress thread 
    Time to start the annual progress thread again. It's the end of February and I feel slightly behind. I Worked on the website pages this weekend. We will start off slowly on props today. I'll post what we do on those soon. Cool plans in the works for this year.

Website pages and animated gif. We got the home page working last night. Dan Thomas is working on the new photo galleries this week. Look at the banner for at least 5 seconds to see it change.

2. Default  
    Website looks great - Can't wait to see what you will be building this year, your stuff is always an inspiration and gets the creative thoughts running!

3. Default  
    As always Eric - Great work!
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

4. Default Kicking!!!!!! 
    Wish I had your talent man! Shane and it's love the photos! Shane

5. Default  
    Thanks guys! I hope people can get some inspiration or the thread will spark a few ideas along the way. It's always hard to start off on props. It feels like I just cleaned up from last season, lol! I only have time to post 4 photos tonight of some of the work we started today. In the coming weeks when I have time on the weekend I will go into more detail or answer questions as they come up.

The first score of the day was when we went over to my father's house to get some 2x4's I had been saving. We are making a new train yard scene with giant freight train this year. I couldn't believe these two sections of real railroad track were in the shed. My father had been cutting up the old saw mill. My grandfather had used these rails to hold the logs in place years ago on his home made mill.

Anyway these things weigh about 1,000 pounds each. It should be interesting getting them to the haunt.

I wanted to start off with something easy. We are building 15 new body bags. The goal here is to try and build them really cheap. The wood was from a dumpster, the small heads I had given to me. I'll go into detail later on how these will be put together.

Walley is showing the wood and small heads of the new body bags. We are also expanding our reaper section. The bigger heads are for 10 new reaper figures. We actually started them last year. I'll post photos of the beginning when I dig them out. They are big Styrofoam one piece skulls. We cut the jaws off and reattached them in an open position. Secured a piece of plastic pipe and foamed it in place. This is a perfect base to sculpt over. Teeth will be sculpted as well.

I only got one half finished today because I was setting people up cutting the pieces for the body bags and teeth sculpting.

My wife came home to find a bunch of people in the cellar making props, lol!

6. Default  
    Love the photos you have great coloring. What do you use to build up off the skulls? Is it monster mud?

Looking good Eric!

Jake

7. Default  
    Jake,

It's Magic Sculpt. The stuff is awesome!

http://www.magicsculp.com/

Eric

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by elowther View Post
    Jake,

It's Magic Sculpt. The stuff is awesome!

http://www.magicsculp.com/

Eric

Excellent thanks Eric!

Jake

9. Default  
    Cutting wood for the new body bag figures.

Starting to look like bodies now.

Individual teeth made from Magic Sculpt and wire.

The start of another over-sized skull.

10. Default  
    Those body bags are gonna be SWEET! I've never seen anyone do them with roped together boards and I love the idea. Always great to see your progress, everyting looks awesome this year!
    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Thread Information