HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Door opener needed

Hybrid View

1. Default Door opener needed 
    Inam building a new effect and need something that will open and close a small metal door (it's an electrical panel). I would rather not have to run air but can if needed.

2. Default  
    does it need to be on a timer to go at specific times? or constantly opening and closing. check out these motors

http://www.frightprops.com/electric-...-1/motors.html

3. Default Armature is the critical piece 
    Actually the armature is the critical piece I am looking for. I want the door to pop open when triggered. I was thinking something pneumatic or air driven but electric is good as well. Door is small; electrical panel.
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

4. Default  
    if you just want to open it a little bit i would advise using the electric motor and rig it up on a motion/ mat sensor. If you want it to open all the way than you could use a small cylinder and hook it up with air. ( if it were me i would use the motor because it would be a little cheaper and you don't have to rig up the air)
    Last edited by X-Treme Torment; 04-02-2012 at 10:44 AM.

5. Default 12v DC car door opener 
    You might want to look into an electric car door opener. They run on 12 volts DC and cost about $10 (maybe cheaper if you pull them yourself at a junk yard). Then all you need to do is use a spring to either hold the door open or closed and use the actuator to move the door. Just another option to explore...

6. Default Electric door opener 
    You can use a 12 volt wiper motor. There will be wire for 12 volt positive and ground, High and Low, and a "park". If your prop was wired into the park wire, the motor operates once and shuts off.

I'm not sure about the other motors sold out there.
    Scaring the yell out of them
    Owner/operator of

http://www.terrorsofthenight.com haunted house

Thread Information