HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How many have sec on site?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default How many have sec on site? 
    At $81/hr in my area it seems real expensive.

2. Default Me 
    I have 4 police, 2 EMT's and 2 fire fighters. Shane and it's I keep everything covered! Shane

3. Default  
    Our locals only charge $25.00 per hour. We have, in addition to myself, 3 police officers that appear each night in character. Two officers volunteer to work the yard area and we have staff members that are trained in first aid, first responders and EMT's. Guess I'm lucky
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

4. Default other options? 
    Wow, $81? Sounds like they have it priced to discourage anyone from using them. You may want to check into private security. They will offer armed and unarmed. You may check with the county to see if the reserves could do it. We have paid $ 15 per hour for many years and last year the new sheriff admin asked for an additional $5 for the reserve fund. So now we pay $20. It definitely helps keep the crwod in line as he also is in uniform and at the front door scanning the patrons with a metal detector for weapons. They also usually park a squad close by as well.
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Haunted Cave, Fort Wayne Indiana

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.facebook.com/hauntedcave

5. Default  
    Sometimes, just the overt presence of security is enough to detract troublemakers. I know of a local haunt that has only one uniformed deputy on site but they have several very large people with yellow jackets that say 'security' on the back. They are very prominently displayed around the front of the haunt and trained in basic first-aid. They also carry radios so the deputy can get there quickly. As far as i know, they have never had a major issue. It helps that the local VFD is only about 2 miles down the road too.

I wonder if you just got a few bouncers from the local nightclubs and put them in 'security' shirts if you would have any problems? Oh course you would need at least one uniformed officer and car I would think...

6. Default  
    We had one uniformed deputy out by the ticket booth/parking lot area and then in house "security" that were also actors. We had a few actors that were first responders and firefighters, so we multi-tasked but had it all covered.

7. Default  
    On weekends, we have 2 uniformed officers on the premises wandering about. We also have an EMT on staff that is ready to help when needed. During the week, it is just our own Haunt security (not enough customers to warrant police)

8. Default  
    Well, my business partner is a policeman...yep, he is!
    Plus we have a bunch of actors who are firemen/EMT's.
    We also utilized in the past the local Vol. Fire Dept. to cover the exits/parking.
    Last year we were at the mall so we had mall security too.

Kirk
    DARK DOMAIN HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.darkdomainhauntedhouse.com

9. Default  
    We have one police officer on site and several large former military guys who do security for us. Having a good presence of large clearly identifiable security on site is a great deterrent. We also refuse entry to anyone for any reason.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

10. Default  
    This last season was our first not having a dedicated off-duty officer. In the past we have gotten one for busy nights but we found that being in the downtown area(two blocks from the station) we see frequent patrols anyway. In our area an off-duty officer starts at $80/hour.

We did however have to have a fire watch due to a directive put out by the IL state fire marshal. That was two firemen plus a truck. They were very accommodating and billed us the lowest hourly amount by rank despite sending high ranking firemen several nights. The truck fee was waived as well. Each fireman was $85/hour. We have a very good relationship with the fire department in our area as we invite every shift to come for a walk through to show them what they could encounter in the event of an emergency.

Some of the firemen had a lot of fun with the departments infrared camera as well.
    Joe A

Amenti Haunted House in Dekalb, IL
    www.amenti.info

Cavorite Designs
    www.cavodesigns.com

Thread Information