HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: clown weapon prototype

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by icarian View Post
    LOL! i had originally wanted to wrap it in a sort of home-made kill/barbed wire fashioned from various carnival or circus hardware that a deranged clown might find lying around... ie nails, balloon darts, duck pond duckies, bloody carnival ride tickets.... however with this being my first year as a vendor I've had to reel in some of my ideas to a more cost effective model :'( maybe next season tho
    I'm thinking a skilsaw worked into the hammer, like an extended housing. The saw blade could be foam, using a simple motor, and a trigger in the handle. I've got some other ideas.

What is the hammer made of? Basic foam?

C.

2. Default  
    10 lb self skinning foam, rubberized coating for a little added durability and distressed texture with a wood reinforced handle/neck.

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by icarian View Post
    10 lb self skinning foam, rubberized coating for a little added durability and distressed texture with a wood reinforced handle/neck.
    Well, the test run will be for about 3 hours, so I'll know for sure. I'll keep you posted.

C.

4. Default  
    im pretty sure, so long as the governator isn't heaving it into brick, the worst that can happen is chipped paint, in which case the rubberized coat is black and will blend with the painted distressing... density wise, they're comparable to a cfx head, just a little bit more rugged. I've punched, kicked, swung, and smacked these and haven't made a dent... at the end of the day they are just foam though... i wouldn't recommend croquet or breaking rocks.

5. Default measurements again... 
    Hey icarian,
    I love this piece but are your measurements accurate? In your opening thread you said 29" circles on the hammer? That would be about the size of trash can lids??? They look to be about 5"-6" radius circles (10"-12" diameter) Can you confirm which? Thanks!

P.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post
    I love this piece but are your measurements accurate? In your opening thread you said 29" circles on the hammer? That would be about the size of trash can lids??? They look to be about 5"-6" radius circles (10"-12" diameter) Can you confirm which?
    With a 29" circumference, that would be a 9.25" diameter.

C.

7. Default  
    the mallets that are shipping now are slightly larger than the one at the show and are right at about 9.75" diameter.

8. Default aghhh! 
    could not find them on haunted enterprises site!

9. Default  
    Yeah, what's the status on these bad boys?

C.

10. Default Update from Solcon 
    Hey everyone!

First of all, I hope your season ended well! As far as the status on the Clown weapon, I really don't know where things are at right now, or if I'll even be selling items for haunt use next year. I'm not about to air dirty laundry online, so I'll keep all the details out and just say from a business standpoint it's been a VERY frustrating first year as a haunt vendor, and I'm sort of at a point where I may need to step back and evaluate where I was trying to take my studio, the path I was taking to get there, and figure out whats simply not working.

As far as positive news goes, I haven't STOPPED developing items for the haunt industry, I'm simply keeping these projects closely guarded for the time being. I'd really like to get a few kinks in my business model worked out before I start making those more public, though I can say that Solcon Studios will be utilizing in-house 3d animation, cnc foam milling, interactive media, and custom live-action footage in future projects, with little or no focus put into further developing any mask or costume lines, as I feel there's already plenty of other GREAT companies that service theses needs. That pretty much means if anything comes out from us in the next few seasons, it's very likely to be something completely UNIQUE to Solcon, like the clown mallet was before copycats showed up at the MHC! haha

Unfortunately, though, the answer on the mallets right now, as well as the other items I developed for H.E. is a definite i-have-no-clue-right-now.
    Last edited by icarian; 11-19-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Thread Information