HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: The great halloween fright fight tonight on abc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default The great halloween fright fight tonight on abc 
    Hi halloween lovers! Tune in tonight on abc at 8/7c to watch the 1 hour special of the great halloween fright fight!!hallowen_frightnight2.jpg

2. Default  
    Do you know if it will air again?

thanks,
    Allan

3. Default  
    SPOILERS:
    I LOVE Haunted Overload (to me it looks like the best outdoor haunt in the country), but did it seem odd that the TV show had Haunted Overload (a pro haunt) judged against a bunch of home haunts? I knew hands-down who was going to win long before they announced the winner.

4. Default  
    Guess I'll miss it..working of course. Maybe it will go up online?

5. Default  
    It would've been great if someone had posted this the day before the show came on so people could record it. I missed it too.

Jake

6. Default  
    Graystone Haunted Manor was asked by the studio to audition..we did but unfortunately we didn't make the cut. My haunt is literally in my front yard on property I own. We have 17 acres here and 4 of it is what the attractions sit on. The labyrinth of Time is in what used to be my horse arena 22,000 square ft. You can look out my front window and see Oak Raven Cemetery. The critera, as I was told, was it had to be on your property and you had to actually live there. I didn't think we would get picked because we do charge to gain entrance and by charging I figured that would throw us into the "professional haunt" arena. However, I am happy that Eric won that is fantastic. They did donate the winnings to their local humane society another wonderful jesture. Plus the filimg was to take place in August....Texas in August???? I don't think so. The film crew would have melted away..... Happy Halloween everyone!

Sue

7. Default  
    Hey All!

I was looking forward to the show and enjoyed watching it, BUT..... Haunted Overload does an amazing job, absolutely amazing, great show, great use of materials, no doubt, BUT........ In my mind they are a professional attraction (they charge admission). The other 4 or 5 competitors on the show were all home haunt displays that took place at the persons residence (other than the Terror at Tea Lake one), and to my knowledge do not charge admission. How is it fair to put a pro haunt up against home haunters? Why didn't they just throw the Darkness in there or Netherworld?

Just my 2 cents, im not downplaying the success of Eric and his team winning, and im glad to hear they donated the money to the humane society, but again..... was this really a fair "fright fight?"
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

8. Default  
    I agree that doesn't seen fair at all. It's like he's playing both sides of the fence he was a big time home haunter and got tons of attention for his home haunt then he turns pro years ago, but then still trying to capitalize on being a home haunt when it benefitted him. His haunt does look great but that show should be for home haunters there are plenty if shows for the pro haunters.

DA

9. Default  
    I looked it up, and Terror at Tee Lake is also technically pro... Though they only charge $5. What an odd mix of pro haunts and home haunts. Normally I would love that kind of a mix on a show, if they weren't competing against each other for a cash prize.

I suppose we should keep our mouths shut though... ABC actually aired a show about haunts, which is pretty awesome any way you look at it! That, and I do have major respect for Haunted Overload!

10. Default  
    Seriously though one of the BIG criteria was the haunt had to be at your place of residence not in a mall and not on someones else's property. It had to take place where you lived. In my opinion an actual home haunt cannot compete with a professional haunt. But again I am happy for Haunted Overload but the rules changed for some reason.

Sue

Thread Information