HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Myrtle Beach and Spookywoods

1. Default Myrtle Beach and Spookywoods 
    I'm vacationing in Myrtle Beach, and we just hit "Ripley's Asylum". For a year-round haunt, I thought it was pretty decent. Few actors (as you would expect), but they tried hard. They relied heavily on blackout areas, but it worked. The best scare actually came from an area that was pitch black, and had people whispering near our heads. They had several animations. I had low expectations, and it ended up being better than I anticipated.

I'm really hoping to get a peak at Spookywoods on our way through NC Friday on our way back to MI. I emailed them, but I'm sure they're slammed with work right now. Even if we just end up doing a drive-by, at least I'll finally get a peak at their amazing haunt!

There is one more haunt here in Myrtle Beach, but I'm not sure our schedule will allow enough time to visit.

There is an attraction here called Alien Encounter museum that was pretty enjoyable . It was more museum than show, but did include some alien themed areas.

2. Default  
    While your at Spookywoods the zipline adventure is a must! You wont be disappointed! The whole place is awesome. Have fun!
    Greg

3. Default  
    I went to Myrtle Beach and there was a couple haunts there one really blew hard... I'd rate it about a 2. There was another haunt the Ripley Adventure and they are all about the same. They are not bad, not great but not bad either. I'd rate those in the 6 to 7 range only because they are not super long, they lack some of the high end detail and animations. But they have incredible facades, elevator ride and at least the couple I've seen had really good actors.

Larry

4. Default  
    We actually just finished an attraction installation in Myrtle Beach in June of this year called Outbreak. It's located in the basement of the all new Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Complex near Broadway at the Beach. If you have a chance, check it out. We spared no expense and cram packed the attraction with state of the art special effects, animated characters, and actor effects. All of the animated characters inside, for instance, are silicone skinned and almost all of them have neck and mouth motions giving the zombies a lifelike feel you just won't get from latex and polyfoam. It is without a doubt the most detailed and high tech haunt in the Myrtle Beach area. It's our biggest project to date and we're really proud of it.

If you're interested, the story centers on a global conglomerate called ChemaCorp which has it's hands in many things including medical research and government contracting. A recent military contract to improve soldier performance on the battle field resulted in the production of Alpha Strain, a viral compound capable of altering a soldier's DNA producing increased strength, aggression, and resistance to bodily harm. Unfortunately, when Alpha Strain went into human trials something went terribly wrong killing all of the test subjects and reanimating them as blood thirsty zombies. You are there to assist with the clean-up and disposal efforts at the site. The military claims to have the situation under control now, so you should have nothing to worry about...
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Thread Information