HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Monster Man

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Default I would love to see.... 
    I would like to see a series on "TRUE" monster shops like Rick Baker's or KNB myself. Monster Man was entertaining until about the second episode then I realized this was more about the drama between Cleve, his daughter, and ex-wife all working together. I'm sure Cleve has done a lot and is a fantastic artist, ( I had never heard of him before the series started) but this series is NOT showcasing his talent at all. My dream was to go to California and sweep floors in a make-up shop and learn from the masters. I joined the Air Force instead! that being said, if I were to drop what I was doing right now and chase that dream , I would be hard pressed to go knocking on SOTA's door- they are coming across pretty campy. Again, hopefully, it is just the producers spinning it that way.....

2. Default  
    Thanks for your service and I agree with you 100%

jake

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
    Partners and affiliates are not owners, owners are owners they are the pro Haunters the rest are staff. I've worked at HHN and Knott's and was paid, but I was not a professional Haunter I would not include myself at the level the owners worked up to.

Jake
    Well, apparently we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Obviously you didn't read the article, which is fine.

Matt, his brother Mike, Daniel McCullough, and Jon Love (being the Art Dir., Ops Mgr, Pres and the VP, respectively), regarded themselves as the core team, and they all worked together to budget their haunt so that ALL FOUR OF THEM, Matt and Mike included, could draw a salary from HOT so that they could quit their day jobs and work on the haunt full time year round. That's when the haunt went from standard haunt stuff to being stellar, according to the article.

All four of them had regular business meetings, steering meetings, just about any kind of meeting you could have, to work things out. And they were all there everyday working on the Haunt. In a given season they had a total staff of 110 and an acting troupe of 75 actors. So, including them, that's almost 200 employees.

So, why is it, out of nearly 200 employees, only these four drew a salary, and you look at the other three members of this core team as merely hired hands? Of course, that said, no one truly knows what happens behind closed doors.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenhowie View Post
    Again, hopefully, it is just the producers spinning it that way.....
    Well, yes and no. There's only so much spin you can put on a show. These people are who they are. I'm sure tensions are played up a bit, tho. I wonder if Syfy reimburses the directors for their filming costs when Cleve and Co. blow a deadline.

Incidentally, if you look at Cleve's profile on Syfy's Monster Man page, they list some 7-8 movies that he did which they pitch as showcasing his talent, which were all from the 80's, and I ain't heard of none of them except Ghoulies, which was a Gremlins knock-off. The only one that was recent was within the last year or two, and I saw a clip of it. It was some sort of vampire soft core p0rn deal with aging scream queens (again from the 80's) plus a bunch of p0rn actresses, and Cleve ostensibly did the blood stuff and played a psycho priest.

Of course, when you walked into Stan Winston's office, you pretty much tripped over originals from every major creature feature of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's.

Just sayin'

C.
    Last edited by BrotherMysterio; 04-17-2012 at 11:06 AM.

4. Default  
    Watching tonight's episode, it seems to me that Cleve would have been a great monster maker in the silent film era, because his stuff looks like its from that long ago. Stuff looks terrible and his fat ass wife is annoying!

They should have contacted Kevin from Gore Galore or something for the show.

DA

5. Default  
    I saw the first and last 10 minutes of the episode with Devo. I thought the final product looked pretty cool tonight.

6. Default  
    Is this the best show out there? No, I agree with everyone on the show being a little cheesy and the drama and deadlines tend to get old. Im not going to rip on Cleve and crew to bad because Im just happy to have something like this on at this time of year.
    Brett

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel View Post
    It looks like the Walking Dead is a "celebrity" factory. People on the show for one second before getting shot are calling themselves celebrities now. The horror industry looks at everyone as a celeb. Unless you starred in a major film and a household name you are not a true celeb. You can be a local celeb or an actor or actress in a few films but that doesn't make you a celebrity. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are celebrities, not zombie number 16 on walking dead or a B movie scream queen.
    I totally agree, i was an extra in the walking dead and the hunger games but you don't see me flaunting around calling my self an actor. All you have to do is stand in line give them a head shot and hope the casting director picks you.

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobfromErie View Post
    I saw the first and last 10 minutes of the episode with Devo. I thought the final product looked pretty cool tonight.
    Tonight was pretty respectable. I wish the rest of the season had been like it.

9. Default  
    DA,
    I feel thrown under the bus here.
    No just kidding. I know what you mean.
    If they wanted a show about making monsters.
    LOL

Seriously though, I have been contacted a couple different times about doing a reality TV show. And each time I say if you want some soap opera drama, I want nothing to do with it. But I did say we could script the shows. I thought a different take would be to make it really funny. Like playing jokes on each other in the shop. Or making everyone work in costumes one day. And sending weird items to customers with their orders. Just anything that would make for TV entertainment. ALONG with not getting in the way of us doing our daily work. Or filming us choreographing a dance in giant costumes, filming us filming a funny film short.

I think if we get something like this, I will probably request ideas.
    But I am not holding my breath.

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gore Galore View Post
    I think if we get something like this, I will probably request ideas.
    But I am not holding my breath.
    Well, you never know. There hasn't been any mention thus far of a second season renewal, so no telling if Cleve & Co. will be back.

C.

Thread Information