HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How to create this set?????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Mirrors 
    I have one of these and you can not see the mirrors no matter how close you are. Like Allen said if the sides were not there the whole effect would not work. You have to be a little careful if it is very dusty etc. so that the mirrors do not get dirty and make sure that you be careful at the way you light the box so that the light doesn't show in the mirror. It's easy and effective. You can paint it different and change it into something new every year. Mine is painted for a clown right now, we are remaking it into a voo-doo witch doctor this year.

2. Default  
    Cool thanks.. Do you have any pictures of yours you wouldn't mind sharing with me..

Quote Originally Posted by SCfearfarm View Post
    I have one of these and you can not see the mirrors no matter how close you are. Like Allen said if the sides were not there the whole effect would not work. You have to be a little careful if it is very dusty etc. so that the mirrors do not get dirty and make sure that you be careful at the way you light the box so that the light doesn't show in the mirror. It's easy and effective. You can paint it different and change it into something new every year. Mine is painted for a clown right now, we are remaking it into a voo-doo witch doctor this year.

3. Default  
    i trust you Allen. you haven't lead me wrong yet... been a great help.. I will try to post pictures as I make it, to get feedback..

Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    Trust me, this is how it was done. it was a purchased unit. you dont see the mirrors because they are reflecting the sides. that is why the sides of the box are there.
    Outside or inside it does not matter, you wont see the mirrors.

4. Default  
    I thought I recognized it, the pic you posted I think is from ripley's in gatlinburg TN?
    gatlinburg-attractions_s10.jpg
    can you see the workings better?

5. Default  
    you are correct... it is from Ripley's in TN... was there on vaction a couple of weeks ago... So they are using mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    I thought I recognized it, the pic you posted I think is from ripley's in gatlinburg TN?
    gatlinburg-attractions_s10.jpg
    can you see the workings better?

6. Default  
    Yeah! Years ago they had the spill your guts there. They had him out front as a barker, very good one too!

That was where I saw my first one at. We went there... ohh about 10 years ago I guess. We went to the rod run and car show.

7. Default  
    Hate to disagree with Allen but we have made one without mirrors. Just a skeleton mounted on the box, a hole in the back allows the person to lean over the skeleton and hang their shirt over it so it looks like their body is skeleton. If that makes sense?!! Looks cool if done right.

8. Default  
    Yes like the first video posted it can be done to an extent without mirrors, however the specific picture he posted is what he asked about and it was done with mirrors. in my opinion the mirrored version looks better in a side by side comparison.
    I would love to see pics of your set up.

9. Default  
    Here is what our setup looks like.... If you want I can take more pics without the actor in it. 2006 haunt 025.jpgTim sacrafice.jpg

10. Default  
    Looks great Odin-
    The difference between your version and the mirror version is that the actor is more towards the middle of the cube as opposed to being against the back wall. At a haunt at night it will make almost no difference. The illusion is pretty stunning with the mirrors even in broad daylight.

Thread Information