HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Marketing question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Marketing question 
    I thought I heard The general rule $3.00 per every expected guest. That info has to be in here somewhere but I couldnít find it in a search. ALSO How do you break it up This year it looks like ill spend $3000 on 6 billboards, $3000 on radio $500 on staff shirts, $500 on flyers and a hundred or so on public appearances. Thatís the bulk of it anyway. Keep in mind things have a tendency to be cheaper here in the mid west. Pop in my city is around 50,000 so we are a small venue. and thanks for the help guys!!!

2. Default  
    $5,000 gets you 1 billboard for a month out here, depends on your region. Stuff out on the east coast is more expensive.

3. Default Marketing 
    In my opinion there is no "set price" per person like some people will tell you. I know some people will argue the fact, but I do all of my own marketing for 5 different businesses and there are just some things that are effective and some that are not. For instance if you said I want 5000 people to come to my haunt, some people say I need to spend 15000 dollars to get them....and you spend it all in the newspaper.....chances are 5000 people WILL NOT COME. Because the newspapers are just about dead. Think about it....people are not doing without news and information, they are just getting it all online. You may take 3000 dollars and spend it online and get 3000 people to come. Facebook is free and its a great way to advertise! How many teenagers- young adults have XM radio, Ipods, Iphones, or Pandora in their car? Almost ALL! So, are they even listening to your expensive radio ads? So....you just have to look at your target audience and who you want to come and make sure that they see or hear your ad somehow. Honestly, if the numbers you gave are your actual numbers and that is your total advertising budget then #1 I wish I could billboards that cheap! haha and #2 you might want to reconsider radio for internet advertising because I don't see it listed. Now, I'm not saying cheap out on your advertising and you may only get one person for every 3 dollars spent.....so spend as much as you possibly can on advertising.....just spend it on effective advertising to get better results. Hope this helps.

4. Default  
    WOW! In our town, I'm going to be paying $350 per month each for 3 or 5 locations for billboards!!

Guess I should buy more? lol.

5. Default  
    If your in a less populated area radio is more bang for the buck. In my area putting up a $5000 billboard which is slammed in middle of morning and evening commuter traffic might be worth my money too.

6. Default good stuff 
    [#2 you might want to reconsider radio for internet advertising because I don't see it listed

THANKS...Great input; we do have close to a 1000 friends on our face book and growing and the radio puts us on their website as well but we could do more.

at TW someone talked about taking a photos of customers and the customer had to friend you to get it then it was framed with your logo. i would like to get more info on that.
    Also were giving $1.00 off coupons to lots of local charities, every coupon redeemed is a dollar donated to that charity.

7. Default  
    I think that number of $3 a patron was floated by Leonard sometime back. I've seen plenty of other scenarios which would put that number much lower.

Also, have you ever heard of "guerilla marketing"?

C.

8. Default  
    Contact www.pixelpushersinc.com for your flyers. Great prices and fast turnaround on great quality.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    I think that number of $3 a patron was floated by Leonard sometime back. I've seen plenty of other scenarios which would put that number much lower.

Also, have you ever heard of "guerilla marketing"?

C.
    With today's generation of teens and college kids which are the bread and butter you need to understand a FB business page backwards and forwards an read it HOURLY if not every 15mins. There are haunts already selling tickets and it's April.

10. Default  
    If you want a quote in flyers or any other marketing materials shoot me an email. We will work you are great deal.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

Thread Information