HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Coloring Silicone

1. Default Coloring Silicone 
    Anyone have any ideas on how to color Silicone? According to the guy at Menards cant be done but Im thinking he must be wrong and he just dosnt know it!!!

2. Default  
    You can use artist's oil colors, like Liquitex or equivalent..Just use the least amount needed & mix well.
    Last edited by Banshee; 08-10-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

3. Default  
    I don't have the answer but I'm interested myself. I think I might make a batch of tube silicone like for caulking with a pigment and some paint thinner and see how it dries. From the how to video I watched, each color has to begin with more of the silcone mix then tinted and painted on. Thinned with a solvent t make it more fluid.

4. Default  

5. Default Coloring Tube silicone. 
    I have colored silicone that come ouit of the caulking tube. I use acrylic paint once I sqeezed the silicone from the tube and mixed the silicone and the acrylic paint together. If you want the mixture thinner you can add Naptha to it. The silicone I use is GE Walmart $3.00 tube. It work great. But Allen can is the best on the details.

6. Default  
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Thread Information