HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Cut actors leg off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Cut actors leg off 
    We are having a problem getting a leg cut off a actor pulled from the crowd and to make it look real i have a table made with a slot cut in it for the real leg of actor to slide in the problem is getting the fake leg in place for us to cut it off any help with this would be great

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadland View Post
    We are having a problem getting a leg cut off a actor pulled from the crowd and to make it look real i have a table made with a slot cut in it for the real leg of actor to slide in the problem is getting the fake leg in place for us to cut it off any help with this would be great
    Sounds like a party at your place!

C.

3. Default  
    Bend the knee through the table, cut the back of the pant leg from the knee down. Attached a 4x4 under the cut pant leg with a shoe on the bottom. Windshield washer motor in the shoe to move it back and forth, etc
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

4. Default  
    Did you try this effect last season, and if you did, how did you pull it off?

C.

5. Default  
    no we have never done this yet we are thinking about doing a rotating fake leg that would rotate when actor moved real leg into table cut out the problem is we are pulling this person from the group but the group dont know that they are a part of the act they will be placed into group at the very begining of haunt then selected at this room to be tired down and leg cut off

6. Default  
    Put him in away from the audience and they rotate him to face the audience when removing the leg. You can use mirrors to hide the real leg.

7. Default  
    Man, I think a beheading would be easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-OXYUSXUEg

Skip to 3:30 We've thought about doing this one. If you make the audience face the front, you wouldn't have to have a shelled jacket on the victim.
    You also don't have to fake the head on the table, just build the guillotine and go from there! If you watch the video, it'll show all the hows and why's.

Dewayne

Your idea sounds cool, but hard to do without planting an op in the crowd. If you did that, any of it's possible. :P

8. Default  
    im not understanding the mirror idea can you better explain jow to pull this off

9. Default  
    im not understanding the mirror idea can you better explain jow to pull this off
    A mirror is built into part of the set at a 45 angle, hiding a hidden compartment where your body part is stashed. As you would grab the shill from the audience and "wrestle" him into the particular contraption, in the faux scuffle, the real body part is guided into the hidden compartment, while the fake part is switched in.

That being said, I'm not sure if the skit is a good idea.

C.

10. Default Go with the "Chicago" style 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Chicago style of special effects. You run an ad, hire a person who only has one leg.
    I found out about this years ago when I was given a music video by "Dark Theater" in which the lovely maiden steals the Vampire's ring from the bowl of blood, which then withers her hand as her hand leaves the bowl.
    "NEAT! How was that done?"
    "We ran an ad for a beautiful girl with one messed up hand, and she came to us."

Thread Information