HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Cut actors leg off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I'd rather see this style of skit with an actor and not with an actual guest. Things can go wrong and I'd rather have someone who has been trained to deal with things that go wrong and get a little hurt, then someone who is probably genuinely fighting to get super hurt or destroy your prop.

Personally, I like the Guillotine illusions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHfB5U-M26U

They look the most authentic and don't require a falling board, a special body shell, or anything else to that effect. Just need a person who can do a pushup and a special gaffed blade. All of which can be found in Paul Osborne's book on Halloween Illusions.

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by spong8 View Post
    I'd rather see this style of skit with an actor and not with an actual guest.
    It's meant to be done with an actor made-up to look like a guest . . . or at least that's what we were led to believe by the OP.

C.

3. Default  
    thanks for all the input this forum is a very useful tool

4. Default  
    Have you considered hiring an actual person with a missing leg? I have a friend who is a below-the-knee-amputee and she regularly gets hired at haunts and zombie walks for a similar effect. I'm doing a photoshoot with her and an 'axe murderess' in a couple weeks.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Have you considered hiring an actual person with a missing leg? I have a friend who is a below-the-knee-amputee and she regularly gets hired at haunts and zombie walks for a similar effect. I'm doing a photoshoot with her and an 'axe murderess' in a couple weeks.
    Turning lemons into lemonade?

C.

6. Default Two Haunter Buddys Said 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    They worked together in a haunt as the victim and the arm-sawer-offer. After all the screaming and strugglie, the severed arm would be thrown at the guests, hitting the cyclone fencing which kept guests apart from the actors, then the smaller of the two of them ran up to the fence smacking his stub arm against the fence.
    He had no arm from the elbow on down.

Thread Information