HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Wall panel design ?'s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    The video will be about 2hrs...I have to keep it to that, it kills me to produce the dual layer and two disc sets- I need to keep it to 2hs so I can keep it $20. I dont want to hijack the thread though.
    Allen H
    No, by all means, hijack away! I'm sure your vid will answer lots of questions, especially a lot of the ones brought up by this thread. I'm totally stoked about getting it.

C.

2. Default  
    We have always done 3 vertical capped on each end, reason is your splitting 4 feet so every 2 feet you have a stud. This gives you a better chance at hitting a stud if your hanging something heavy. also if people are running into them. If you switch it you have 2, 4 foot boxes, less chance of catching a stud.

Robert

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorknight View Post
    We have always done 3 vertical capped on each end, reason is your splitting 4 feet so every 2 feet you have a stud. This gives you a better chance at hitting a stud if your hanging something heavy. also if people are running into them. If you switch it you have 2, 4 foot boxes, less chance of catching a stud.

Robert
    Hey Robert, you guys use 2x4 studs?

4. Default  
    That's the only logical way I can see it. If they DON'T use precut studs then they have to cut all them 2x4's.

Anyone wanna post their setup? 2x4's, 2x2's, luan, osb etc?

I'm doing a lot of this by myself and I've done about 10 panels and... well, with my back, it's not gonna last much longer with these heavy arse 2x3 panels with 7/16" osb! The cheapest luan I can find is about twice the cost of our osb BUT there are some other boards (not labeled real well) that seems about the same as the luan stuff but it's only about $10 a sheet, compared to my osb at $7.27, I don't think it'd be a bad choice to go to.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frightener View Post
    Anyone wanna post their setup? 2x4's, 2x2's, luan, osb etc?
    Did I send you that copy of JB's first book?

C.

6. Default  
    Hey Twin

We use 2x3 studs. We are indoors and we had 7/16 OSB on then and they are pretty much the same as the day we built them, yes there heavy but hard to damage.

Robert

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    Did I send you that copy of JB's first book?

C.
    Yeah, well , you sent me one about the castle. Great book, thanks.

I'm just getting more ideas before I go buy a ton of materials. I only used the lumber I had already bought long ago :P
    Essentially I was making what I call "Impact Walls"

You know, where I plan to smash faces at the end of a hallway / scare lol.

8. Default  
    I don't know if I'm too late or not on this BUT.....here's a diagram a friend of mine sent me a while back about wall panels, maybe someone on here could find it helpful. =)

wall construction, use 1st pic.jpg

9. Default  
    Hey scream

They are the 3 basic flat designs for stage sets. They make them with 1x3 studs flat and luan. There light and thin for storage.

Robert

10. Default  
    Gotcha, I'm sure they could be adapted for haunts, it was recommended to me years ago when I first asked about building panels.

I use the 3 vertical stud method myself out of habit now. I haven't had amy issues with them breaking, I use 2x4s to frame it and typically OSB to cover it. I just thought for new people doing panels for cheap that pic.might help I had no idea where they came from tho lol so thanks

Thread Information