HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Amber Shellac

1. Default Amber Shellac 
    Does anyone have a good source for gal- 5 gal buckets of amber shellac? All of our home improvement and paint stores only sell the quart and it gets pretty expensive when you are using it on several rooms to distress paint, etc.

2. Default  
    You really should be able to get that at any home improvement store. It is odd you are having trouble finding it in gallons.
    Also try paint supply houses like Sherwinn Williams

3. Default  
    I think because haunters might be the only ones actually using the bug juice these days- might be why its scarce and expensive... That and because it actually has an expiration date that might cause the store to lose money if it's not sold in time...
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

4. Default Shellac 
    I checked with our Sherwin Williams and they said they can only get it in the quart also, last year that was the only way I could get it. I did not know it would expire.

5. Default  
    Contact the manufacturer listed on the can.
    Maybe they will resource it directly for you, or alteast tell you who can sourse it for you in the correct quantities.

6. Default Shellac info 
    This is a great article on shellac
    http://www.paintinganddecoratingconc...ed_Shellac.pdf

Zinnser makes 5gallonpails of shellac. you can buy from them directly or buy 5gallons of clear shellac from the epaint store and self tint it with alcohol based tints
    http://www.epaintstore.com/zinsser-3...llon_pail.html

the tints
    http://www.woodessence.com/ColorFX-D...rates-C12.aspx

since it is alcohol based, alcohol based leather stain would work just as well.

7. Default  
    Allan, as usual you are a wealth of information. THANKS

Thread Information