HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How to make a snow bank

1. Default How to make a snow bank 
    I bought a lots of white wool scratchy blankets at the Goodwill shop. Any ideas how to use them to make decent looking snow banks for my snow cave?

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellinton View Post
    I bought a lots of white wool scratchy blankets at the Goodwill shop. Any ideas how to use them to make decent looking snow banks for my snow cave?
    Paging Dr. Hopps . . . Dr. Allen Hopps . . .

3. Default  
    Maybe an idea or two once the snow cave is created and blankets are formed around where you want them;

Rent a hopper and a bags of the "ceiling popcorn" which is white and spray it everywhere to give the frozen/crunchy snow realism. Those bags of popcorn at Home Depot come in different textures. Choose which looks best like snow!

And I don't know if you can buy the aerosol cans of that "frost" used for spraying windows/decorations other than Christmas time when you can find those cans everywhere. But that would be a cool icy frozen effect depending on what and where you spray it on.

Good luck sounds like it will be an awesome project!
    District of the Dead, Buffalo's Newest & Most Frightening Haunted House!

All that matters is knowing what you really want, and going after it.

http://www.DistrictoftheDeadBuffalo.com

4. Default  
    The theme for my trail rotates every five years, this year it is "Frozen with fear" once again and has a yeti as the big bad.
    I got an amazing deal on rolls of white filter cloth that I will be using for snow.
    I make snow covered rock walls, I cut boxes of all sizes at an angle and attach them to my wall panels with one corner sticking out. a few of these boxes on a panel help make it look like rocky ledges. I cover the panel and box with landscape fabric dipped in latex paint (like monster mud but normally just paint). Then I add "Snow" cut white fabric and a bit of prismatic glitter- to the tops of the "rocks".
    clear plastic heat gunned and sprayed with clear gloss spray paint (again with a bit of prismatic glitter) can pass for ice, especially with a bit of blue spray paint misted on the edges.
    clear plastic shrunk over a wire frame can make big blocks of "Ice".
    I hope this helps, let me know if you need more specifics.
    Allen H

5. Default  
    Thank you! That's a huge help. I also bought lots of snow products after Christmas. I made several A. Hopps icicles. I loved how they turned out. I can't put my heat gun down now!!icicles 003.jpg
    Attached Images

6. Default  
    Oh and I also made a creature with tips from Allen Hopps Youtube Wednesday tutorials

7. Default  
    We used Batting a filler for quilts ect. for snow on our Christmas Float with lighting under it.

Thread Information