HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Electrical questions

Hybrid View

1. Default Electrical questions 
    Im trying to find the following items, but RadioShack nor homedepot has any of them. Does anyone know where I can find these products?

An in-line outlet that pulses electrical output. In other words, I need a plug that will plug into an outlet and I can plug one of my lights into it. The plug will then automatically turn on and off the electricity continuously so that my light will continually turn off then on, off then on,... I already own one of these but I don't know where to get more/ different frequencies.

A non-shatterable regular light bulbs with a very very dim light. Only a few
    Watts. Nice flickering bulbs would also work if they looked realistic (not those stupid flame flickering ones).

Does anyone sell other electrical lighting options for professional haunted houses?

Thanks
    Nathan

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat View Post
    Im trying to find the following items, but RadioShack nor homedepot has any of them. Does anyone know where I can find these products?

An in-line outlet that pulses electrical output. In other words, I need a plug that will plug into an outlet and I can plug one of my lights into it. The plug will then automatically turn on and off the electricity continuously so that my light will continually turn off then on, off then on,... I already own one of these but I don't know where to get more/ different frequencies.

A non-shatterable regular light bulbs with a very very dim light. Only a few
    Watts. Nice flickering bulbs would also work if they looked realistic (not those stupid flame flickering ones).

Does anyone sell other electrical lighting options for professional haunted houses?

Thanks
    Nathan
    What are you trying to accomplish? A flicker flame or a strobe light? I have a strobe circuit I'm working on if you want to look at that. Also, I've seen flicker-flame circuits online that you can build cheaply.

Also, do you have JB Corn's books? He covers lighting systems for haunts extensively. I have them available for immediate download if you need them. Free.

C.

3. Default  
    JB Corn? I'd love to read that!

4. Default There was a small item 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I purchased yrs, ago, it is a flat disc that goes into a bulb fixture, the light will act normally until you flick the switch off and on a few times then it begins turning the bulb off and on at a steady beat, not too fast. This product was made for an elderly person to have in their porch light so incase of an emergency they could flip the switch a few times and when the neighbors noticed it going off and on they could come over and see what the problem might be.
    There is like one computer chip looking thing at the bottom of the disc.
    I have been using this product for years almost every night. (Since Ravens Grin Inn is open every night.)

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield View Post
    I purchased yrs, ago, it is a flat disc that goes into a bulb fixture, the light will act normally until you flick the switch off and on a few times then it begins turning the bulb off and on at a steady beat, not too fast. This product was made for an elderly person to have in their porch light so incase of an emergency they could flip the switch a few times and when the neighbors noticed it going off and on they could come over and see what the problem might be.
    There is like one computer chip looking thing at the bottom of the disc.
    I have been using this product for years almost every night. (Since Ravens Grin Inn is open every night.)
    Link?

C.

6. Default  
    Have you considered using the products created by Lights Alive for your power failure simulation items? Just curious.

Here is a site I found that has JB's stuff - http://www.nightmarepark.com/JBCorn%20CD.html
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Custom Branded Mobile App for your Haunted Attraction - http://www.hauntapps.com
    Website Designer & Developer - http://www.charlesterry.com

Thread Information