HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Projectors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Projectors 
    Hey I'm sure this has probably been asked before (but I can't find it anywhere) What are your favorite projectors for DVD's & who's got 'em? Opinions?

Thanks,

P.

2. Default Gaming projector 
    Best Buy has a gaming projector that's 3000 lumens and projects an 8' image from a distance of only 5'. Good for restricted space.
    Link:
    http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1218397392575

3. Default  
    I bought one last year for 50 bucks at goodwill.com. Used projectors from grade schools show up there from timt to time. I used it for a stairs ghost projection.

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRattle View Post
    I bought one last year for 50 bucks at goodwill.com. Used projectors from grade schools show up there from timt to time. I used it for a stairs ghost projection.
    Can it also work for your vermin DVD?

C.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    Can it also work for your vermin DVD?

C.
    Need 3000 lumens or better for that one.

6. Default Good to know... 
    Hey DR,
    Thanks for that info on the lumens...did not know that! The search is on!

P.

7. Default  
    Need 3000 lumens or better for that one.
    Ah. Indeed.

C.

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    Ah. Indeed.

C.
    Too clarify, it does depend on application. 3000 Lumens or better if you wanted to project spiders on a roof (40 ft away and 20 ft giant spiders). 1000 lumens would be fine for say projecting on the floor from the ceiling 8 ft away.

9. Default  
    Too clarify, it does depend on application. 3000 Lumens or better if you wanted to project spiders on a roof (40 ft away and 20 ft giant spiders). 1000 lumens would be fine for say projecting on the floor from the ceiling 8 ft away.
    That was the original intent. I would never dream of projecting huge spiders on a roof or side of a building. That would give the game away. "Oh, look, big spiders . . . probably using a projector . . . neat." Big deal, right? I mean, sure, it could make for a nice visual, but, imagine doing it in a haunt, with little (and some not-so-little) creepy crawlies crawling all over the place, right near the patron's feet? Oh, the "eeks", and shrieks, and squeals! Music to our ears!

What's funny is, until this came along, if you wanted to do something with "real, live bugs", you needed to use actual real live bugs . . . often in terrariums built into the wall. Now, you just need a projector! Life is good.

So, that being the case, inside projector, just 1000 lumens . . . is the "used projectors from grade schools" doable?

C.

10. Default 1,000 lumens... 
    If a 1,000 lumens will work inside 8' away, it should be easier to find & cheaper! Thanks.

P.

Thread Information