HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Any advice on making an LLC

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Hybrid View

  1. Default Any advice on making an LLC 
    #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    28
    Has anyone used legalzoom for making an LLC. It seems pretty straight forward for $99 for the economy startup. Am i missing something cause it seems a little to easy??

    http://www.legalzoom.com/limited-lia...y-pricing.html
    here is a link to their site

    Thanks
    BARN OF TERROR
    www.barnofterror.us
     

  2. Default  
    #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnofTerror Noblesville View Post
    Has anyone used legalzoom for making an LLC. It seems pretty straight forward for $99 for the economy startup. Am i missing something cause it seems a little to easy??

    http://www.legalzoom.com/limited-lia...y-pricing.html
    here is a link to their site

    Thanks
    "All I wanna do is a legal-zoom-zoom in a boo-room!!"



    Oops, wrong thread! :lol:

    (Thought I had already posted that . . .)

    If I recall from the last thread, the general consensus was that it ended up being pricier on Legal Zoom than going thru a local attorney.

    As to the starter $99 deal, well, if you feel that gives you all the protection you need, then I guess that's the way to go, but I am imagining that as you run the gauntlet of signing up for this and look at all the options that somewhere along the way get regarded as "must-haves", it might escalate. That's usually how these kinds of pricing structures work.

    Anyone else?

    C.
     

  3. Default  
    #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    "All I wanna do is a legal-zoom-zoom in a boo-room!!"



    Oops, wrong thread! :lol:

    (Thought I had already posted that . . .)

    If I recall from the last thread, the general consensus was that it ended up being pricier on Legal Zoom than going thru a local attorney.

    As to the starter $99 deal, well, if you feel that gives you all the protection you need, then I guess that's the way to go, but I am imagining that as you run the gauntlet of signing up for this and look at all the options that somewhere along the way get regarded as "must-haves", it might escalate. That's usually how these kinds of pricing structures work.

    Anyone else?

    C.
    To somewhat mirror BM, I did a "dry-run" with legalzoom and it came out to a few hundred after all was said and done. By dry-run, I essentially filled out everything and selected the things I needed just before checkout. Granted a few hundred is still not a lot considering all the work is essentially done for you, I agree, if you have the means and know-how to do it yourself then by all means file yourself.
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

    One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

    http://www.hallofhorrors.com

    http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

    http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

    http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

    http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors
     

  4. Default  
    #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    107
    I also did a simple dry run. Looks like it is good for filing paperwork and giving a person that warm fuzzy feeling they did everything right. The tips that you need to truly keep yourself and your LLC separate need to come from a lawyer. The easy part is filing. It doesn't stop there in protecting yourself.
     

  5. Default  
    #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeered View Post
    I also did a simple dry run. Looks like it is good for filing paperwork and giving a person that warm fuzzy feeling they did everything right. The tips that you need to truly keep yourself and your LLC separate need to come from a lawyer. The easy part is filing. It doesn't stop there in protecting yourself.

    What is the next step to protect myself after I file and get the LLC started?
    BARN OF TERROR
    www.barnofterror.us
     

  6. Default The Next "Step" 
    #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Posts
    12,783
    I read , is a big bunch of record keeping that never stops and must be timely and correct to have a chance of actually working for you.
    But then , I have also read that this varies from state to State and from Judge to Judge, which can conspire to make all of this null and void!
    I have noticed that some very large companys are LLC's though.
     

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •