HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Shock mats

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Shock mats 
    We are having one long dark hallway that i thought would be a fun addition to have shock pads. I have seen them on haunted house websites selling for $85 and up but has anyone used pet shock pads like this one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Mat-fo...ht_4131wt_1110
    with any success?

Ryan
    BARN OF TERROR
    www.barnofterror.us

2. Default  
    I feel like those are the shock mats haunt companies charge that much money for haha. Fresh coat of paint and it's black!

Chalk it up $40 and make an easy buck.

But that's all just theory lol, neat find!

3. Default  
    They are the same thing, just redressed from one company to another in most cases. Order one and shock yourself if its fine then get the ones you need. I have used them with success by the way.

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    They are the same thing, just redressed from one company to another in most cases. Order one and shock yourself if its fine then get the ones you need. I have used them with success by the way.
    Are there any stipulations in their use, like can pose a potential hazard to those with pace-makers, and so on?

C.

5. Default  
    Go to the website and look or order one and read the warnings, I cannot say here as legally it would be unwise. always do your own research, no ones answer aside from the manufacturer should count in your world.

6. Default  
    Go to the website and look or order one and read the warnings, I cannot say here as legally it would be unwise. always do your own research, no ones answer aside from the manufacturer should count in your world.
    But in other words, read the labels and all warnings, take every prescribed precaution, do my due diligence, and don't just throw one down in a hallway, plug it in, and walk away. Definitely know what I'm dealing with before I use it.

Have you personally had any problems with them?

C.

7. Default  
    "I have used them with success by the way" no sir, no problems.

8. Default  
    "I have used them with success by the way" no sir, no problems.
    That's what I surmised, but thought I would ask to be sure. I'm looking at it for a show this season.

C.

9. Default  
    I was talking about these just the other day with the wife. We were wondering how hard they zapped and if anyone got PO'd because of them. I'm assuming it's all good then?

Think I'll put a few in my dark maze.

Dewayne

10. Default How shocking! 
    I was going to use them as well this year in our maze but the wife wouldn't let me. She said it was cruel to humans! LOL

I did get shocked by a few and while they give you quite a jolt, its all low amperage stuff. Remember its the amperage that kills you - not the voltage! (or something like that)
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Thread Information