Allen, I'm starting to see your reasoning for your other post regarding hell house. I'ma just shake my head and go carve some foam.
I had some that I used for a few years. The shock is similar to a heavy static shock like rubbing your feet on carpet then touching someone. I never had any complaints but their always were a bunch of customers talking about it when the left the haunt. They are worth the money if you have an area that is totally dark and that will force them to be touching the walls. Also, it will not hit every customer that touches it. Once they "shock" it takes a couple seconds to reset so, you may get a couple people in the group while the rest never feel a thing. That makes for some funny banter as well between the customers. "Did you feel that shock?" "No, you're crazy there was no shock."
Howie Slobber Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
We'll still probably get some. However my wife was concerned about pacemakers? Should it be ok for those folks or no? We're still getting a banner made and that's going to be one of the cautions, about pacemakers and such.
An option here would be a section where they have to crawl. You could have your sign just before, warning them anybody w heart problems or can't crawl. Take the "left" path... others take the "right."
Then you line the crawling path with these things lmao
If you don't want to touch it again, I'd probably leave it out then. I mean, if it was a softer jolt, sure I'd try but ehh.
I want as many of my customers to be as happy as possible when they leave. I don't know how high of a ratio I can keep if it's that big of a jolt, ya know. Just sounds harsh to me.
I know some folks take shocks differently, but ... well I don't know. Don't want to risk it.
Thanks for reporting ToT.
i am going to try to wire a dimmer switch to it and see if it makes it just a buzz... I wont put it in my haunt like it is now...I am the same way way everyone happy not pissed
We used shock mats this year in a long dark hallway. While it's a fun effect, we did have several complaints from 'concerned' patrons that we had an electrical short, or that the shock was dangerous. After explaining that it's powered by a 9 volt battery, they would calm down... but... meh... not sure it's worth the trouble to use them again. You know, the PR theory that if you have to explain yourself, you've already lost.
If we used them again, we'd probably do the old "Don't Touch This!" gag so that it was obvious that the shock was intentional and not the result of shoddy wiring.
I used one of these for the first time this season. I tended to forget about it because it was one more thing to turn on or just left it on and the 9v battery seemed to last all season. Although on two occasions the control box was ripped off the wall from what I suspect was unhappy customers who were shocked. If I were to do it again I'd install the control box somewhere they couldn't reach or get access to and get the DC adaptor, plug it into a circuit that gets turned on with the rest of the show lighting.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)