HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How do you build wall panels?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default  
    Awesome! I saved the post for later. I think it's a little late for us, seeing as to how we are probably at the halfway point of wall panels, with the exception of our end walls which should be semi-perm. walls.

Thanks for the great info!

Dewayne

2. Default  
    Yes that was a very detailed description. Thanks! The second half I had to re read simply because I haven't heard some of those terms before lol. But it definitely sounds stable your way!

3. Default ravensmoon... 
    Had to come back to the thread to double check something. I could've SWORN that you said 94", lol. I was thinking.. um.. that's not lining up.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know we're implementing your wall scheme for our end caps. We're building a solid wall and making a door in another section of the building. The three vert's with OSB should be much stronger than the other setup for an exterior wall.

Thanks again.

Dewayne

4. Default  
    I made a frame outta 2x4's laying flat. 2 vertical 8' boards with 3 horizontals that are 41" long each. The horizontals placed at the top, bottom, and center. The OSB is shifted 1 3/4" so that way it creates a tongue and groove effect. I used something like 64 sheetrock screws per panel(double sided). It is a slow process to build one but I always looked at it as I could take it apart easily and reuse the material else where if needed. Stick 3 screws on each side of the joint and its pretty stout. Run a short brace at the top of the panel in the corners and it is pretty dang strong. The weight of the panels keep them from moving around on the concrete. I also made a bunch of corner pieces so I could easily change direction of the wall. If you paint make sure to use oil base primer/paint on the first coat to help keep the osb from peeling.

5. Default  
    Creepy, yeah the oil based thing I heard before. The thing is, my stuff should be covered in tin after the season. So I only need my paint to protect for a few months. Maybe 7 months or so, depends on how soon the cold gets here. If it's freezing I'll wait till it warms up... unless of course my boards are bad, then I'll tuff it out in the cold.

Dewayne

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frightener View Post
    Had to come back to the thread to double check something. I could've SWORN that you said 94", lol. I was thinking.. um.. that's not lining up.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know we're implementing your wall scheme for our end caps. We're building a solid wall and making a door in another section of the building. The three vert's with OSB should be much stronger than the other setup for an exterior wall.

Thanks again.

Dewayne
    After rereading that I can see where it can get confusion. Here is a drawing of the panel layout and links to the strong ties.

The BC40 is the one you want which is for a standard 4"x4" post and the easiest to find.
    http://www.strongtie.com/ftp/catalog...can12-p063.pdf

Anything longer than 6" works fine for the top plate

http://www.strongtie.com/products/co...p5-a34-a35.asp
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ravensmoon; 07-29-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    What?? You dropped your cell phone in the Haunted house somewhere and wanted to know if I could go get it for you? Sorry, that's against the rules but I will let you go to the front of the line so you can go try to find it yourself. Just give me a moment to let the monsters know you are coming through again...Alone.

7. Default  
    Hey, thanks for the links. No the confusion was on me. I really thought you said to make them 94". lol. I was like.. ehhh what? So I went back and looked. I was wrong.

The links help a lot. I already got some brackets like you posted, but just a little different I think They're 4" long and not 6", but I'm wanting to use 3 anyways per 90* wall. I don't have many 90* anymore since I cut out 90% of the hallways to make bigger rooms.

Dewayne

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell House 666 LLC View Post
    You can't build wa;l;s out of triangles guys. They wouldnt fit together.
    Does anyone know what happened to the OP? Haven't seen him around recently. Things were starting to get entertaining.

C.

9. Default Nope 
    Haven't seen any new posts from OP in a while..

Thread Information