HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: credit card processor squre one

Hybrid View

1. Default credit card processor squre one 
    looking for credit card processor for Iphone is anyone familar with square one thanks

2. Default  
    The latest episode of the Big Scary Show has a interview with the guy that runs Hauntpay. He might be able to help you out...

www.hauntpay.com

3. Default  
    im abig fan of square, squareup.com, its safe, reliable, secure, and the funds go into your account next day. and the fees are very competative at only 2.75%

hauntpay?

4. Default  
    And NO monthly fee and NO set up or initial machine fee. I use it for my massage clinic. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by screamforadream View Post
    im abig fan of square, squareup.com, its safe, reliable, secure, and the funds go into your account next day. and the fees are very competative at only 2.75%

hauntpay?

Squares Up's own website "Card-processing systems adhere to PCI Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1." This is about the only concrete security details they give. The rest is warm and fuzzy feeling kind of stuff.

I don't know all the details of PCI compliance though, but I believe there are 4 levels to it and square is on the lower part of the totem pole with it. Transmitting CC data over the air ways? Common sense tells you that adds a little bit more risk to each transaction. Don't get me wrong, anything bad actually happening is still very slim to none, but it seems Square Up trades off a little bit of security over ease of use and setup. I believe the gadget they send you also transmits your physical location to Square Up to help bolster their claims of security. Go offsite with your Iphone and run a credit card? Who knows what is written in their agreements with users. I know if there is a breach your butt will be in a sling.

I have a seasonal merchant account with my local bank. 2.75% plus 29 cents. This is for onsite and online transactions. If your gonna advertise that your going to accept credit cards then why not do it online as well? You will get some peoples money even quicker. My account is also seasonal which means I don't have all the ridiculous monthly fees every month through out the other parts of the year.
    Last edited by Skeered; 07-21-2012 at 02:12 PM.

6. Default CC Machine?? 
    Skeered, what do they charge you for the machine?
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

7. Default  
    I bought a Verifone Vx510 off ebay. Mine will hook up straight to DSL. They go for around $100 and up. Think I caught mine at $140 or so new in packaging. You don't have to buy the equipment from whoever sets you up with a merchant account. They will have a list of 20+ terminals that will work. I have another seasonal business other than haunting so I will use this terminal for it as well. Just have to make sure it goes to a different bank account.

Main thing I still like about your traditional merchant accounts is that if something happens I have a local guy to go to or a phone number that will get a hold of someone. I didn't see a single phone # on Square Ups website. I am not trying to knock Square. I just see a little bit looser security and heaven forbid something goes wrong on Halloween day what kind of response will you get or how long will it take to get up and running again. What if you are out in the boondocks and get a little bit of bad reception?
    Last edited by Skeered; 07-21-2012 at 08:02 PM.

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    The latest episode of the Big Scary Show has a interview with the guy that runs Hauntpay. He might be able to help you out...

www.hauntpay.com
    shameless plug
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Thread Information