HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: I need a Big Black Cauldron

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default I need a Big Black Cauldron 
    I need a big black cauldron for a scene. I'm thinking of doing a TCT with it, having a severed, cooked head pop-up out of a fog effect which ostensibly is the soup steaming and bubbling up. I'll have a bubbling sound effect in the background.

Any ideas?

C.

2. Default  
    Big planter pots, paint it black with some kind of dry brushing and add handles. Some are actually light weight fiber yet still somewhat structural and can carry lots of dirt. I don't think they are that much money.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Chrise View Post
    Big planter pots, paint it black with some kind of dry brushing and add handles. Some are actually light weight fiber yet still somewhat structural and can carry lots of dirt. I don't think they are that much money.
    Do the ones you are thinking of come in the characteristic round, belled shape, or are they more straight sided?

C.

4. Default BIG Cauldron! 

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by rfsystems View Post
    I guess I am! So, how much does it usually cost to "rent" one of those, or how difficult would it be to source one?

C.

6. Default  
    I was working on mine yesterday. Airports have lots of old soap and other types of plastic barrels they have to pay to have removed. I cut it in half. It's free and large. I found the idea online to glue a pool noodle along the cut edge, I am painting it, adding detail and aging it.

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellinton View Post
    I was working on mine yesterday. Airports have lots of old soap and other types of plastic barrels they have to pay to have removed. I cut it in half. It's free and large. I found the idea online to glue a pool noodle along the cut edge, I am painting it, adding detail and aging it.
    Brilliant!! Got pics? Links?

Also, how much would it cost to buy one of those rental cauldrons?

C.

8. Default Don't know... 
    I couldn't find anymore info on a giant cauldron, but I did find a 16" one for about $15...
    BB500.jpg
    http://www.nightmarefactory.com/halloweendecor.html
    It looks like it might be big enough to pull a head out of.

If your interested in trying to build one, you might start with a half wooden barrel, a pool noodle and some monster mud.

Hope this helped...
    Last edited by rfsystems; 07-22-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: added site where I found it.

9. Default  
    There are plant and small tree planters that look roundy just like that. Unfortunately we have to move them all the time from fancy pool decks. They might be somewhat seasonal in supply though.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

10. Default  
    eyes 001 (2).jpg Caudron craft in progress

Thread Information