HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Makeup Dept

Hybrid View

1. Default Makeup Dept 
    Hello Campers,

I am working with my makeup manager on our make up needs this season. We are doing airbrush/standard/and prostetics. Would you guys tell me who you recommend and who to stay away from?

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

2. Default  
    I like european body art.

Wolfebrothers creme make up has some grit in it that has made my actors eyes uncomfortable, so keep that way from eyes.

3. Default  
    Mehron is great!

The Wolfe Brothers palettes are very good as well! I haven't used the Wolfe cream, but the palletes are phenomenal.

Avoid anything that you can buy at walmart, or most pop up halloween stores, that's all junk, hard to work with, and not great for actors. For the price, Mehron and Wolfe are the way to go, also check out sillyfarm.com, they have a really nice selection and can probably help you out if you call them up.

4. Default  
    Mehron,Ben Nye and wolf are all great makeup. Avoid graftobian I despise that makeup it barely covers its just plain bad.

5. Default Mehron for me 
    I use Mehron for airbrush, and Ben N ye for everything else. The Ben Nye is awesome makeup because it is designed for theater where actors get sweaty and stuff. Great palette as well. Dont use the Ben Nye liquid for airbrushing though. They talked me into it a few years back and I had nothing but trouble (even after watering it done considerably).
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

6. Default  
    Mehron is great for base make-up. It's cheaper then Ben Nye and usually when you buy it in bulk they will give you a good discount.

Our make-up artist has used Badger water based airbrush paint to paint most of our characters. It isn't labeled as make-up grade paint, but it's water based and non-toxic so we have had no problems at all using it. Usually we will go through a large bottle a season, and that makes for a ton of make-ups. Usually you can get it pretty cheap over at Hobby Lobby with their 40% off coupon.
    Just your friendly neighborhood...........awe hell I can't think of anything witty

Thread Information