HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: mold release....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    I have been making molds for 30 years. when it comes to a ultra cal mold or plaster mold "ZERO" release agent is needed. Infact....if you use mold release with latex and ultra cal, the mask will take longer to dry and will not be as thick as it should be. As far as higher quality with a realease ....false....

Heres a good one- I use release on my latex mold that makes latex masks....
    Did I just say that? Thats right...do it all the time...

darksidestew

2. Default  
    Also Cliff, the earlier you pull a latex piece from the mold after it has been cured, the easier it is to pull.

3. Default  
    I was really hoping I could get a circle of 20 cats to focus on the ions of a mold and levitate the mask in the air with no release agent, just with mind control. Dissapointment.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

4. Default  
    "Heres a good one- I use release on my latex mold that makes latex masks....
    Did I just say that? Thats right...do it all the time..."
    What? you must elaborate if you are going to break the laws of mask making psychics. Even a pic of a finished mask using this method?

5. Default Latex mold makes a latex mask 
    Here is a photo of a plaster bust of the hunchback .

P1010011 (1).JPGP1010012 (1).JPGP1010011 (1).JPGP1010012 (1).JPG

6. Default  
    5 or 6 coats of latex was applied to the plaster bust .

When the latex dried, polyfoam was poured over entire bust.

Now you have a nice durable flexible mold.

P1010014 (1).JPGP1010013 (1).JPG

7. Default  
    I first sprayed the latex mold with flat clear, then a light ccoat of vaseline. It takes 3 to 4 days for latex to dry - be patient .
    Unpainted Peg Leg Pyrat on the left, finished product on the right.

P1010010.JPG418151_2781068640735_1227771524_n.jpg

thanks
    Darksidestew

8. Default  
    Okay, so a 3-4 day dry time. And it does not have super deep areas (long nose etc.) How thick are you going with the latex pull?

9. Default  
    Its as thick as a high quality mask. I do have others Ive done with alot of detail. Did this because its all I had on hand at the time.

Thanks

Thread Information