HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: NETHERWORLD Haunted House

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Hummm...

In the Haunt actors do not "touch or grab" you. But our show is aggressive and they do get close. Some animations, moving walls, props and puppets will touch you. Props actors have may contact you.

In the Lot one of the most common things is actors posing for photos with patrons. This often causes contact to begin... An example - If I was acting in the lot and I had a a chain I might drape it around a guests neck for the photo. Once the photo is taken I am standing there with a chain wrapped around someones neck... Interesting situation!

Sometimes long fingers or costuming might be used to lightly brush guests - The trick is knowing what is acceptable and what is appropriate. Hard to read guests inside the haunt, easier to work with them in the lot.

We do not make touching people an active element or something to market with, but contact of some sort can occur usually only outside, usually only with experienced actors and within certain guidelines.

Long ago our signs read "Don't Touch the Actors and they won't touch you." Now for many years they have read "Don't Touch the Actors".

Short answer to a complex question - but since I have a giant puppet hand inside that tries to grab you - I guess you might be touched... but 18 year old kids grabbing you in the dark? Nope.
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

2. Default  
    I just got some of these photos from Todd Ferren who shot our show a few weeks ago.

I will post a bunch and then stop for a while... just wanted to share some of last seasons stuff while it was still fresh!

Netherworld-by Todd Ferren_340rtlogo.jpgNetherworld-byTodd Ferren_116rtlogo.jpgMirror Maze.jpg
    Ben Armstrong
    www.Fearworld.com

3. Default  

4. Default From the pics.. 
    From the pics its hard to tell but in the mirror room I guess it is. Do you have an endless hallway or is that made to be like a endless staircase? Also the one gear or space looking walls is that just like a hallway or is it a vortex? Just wondering? I would love to come to your haunt someday. Just never been able to do it just yet! You all are truely inovaters in the industry! Never seem to not amaze me with what you do year to year! ok i blew these up and can tell better. It looks like an endless hallway and just a metal gear type hallway. Both look very cool and very original!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Last edited by damon carson; 02-07-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    Damon Carson

5. Default  
    The Arch Maze as we call it is a mirror type room, I think it looks like a staircase because of the fish eye... Here is another shot. The Gear room is a Scarefactory Hell Hall that moves around and collapses. swinging foam gears at you.

2010 Arch Maze.jpg
    Ben Armstrong
    www.Fearworld.com

6. Default  
    Re: what goes on inside there is a scare video from this year. Lots of flying stunts.

Ben Armstrong
    www.Fearworld.com

7. Default  
    A few more shots from last year, some custom characters and monsters.

Old Wolf.jpgColonial Zombie.jpgErl King.jpgHughes Bug.jpgLizard Man.jpg
    Ben Armstrong
    www.Fearworld.com

8. Default nice video! 
    Great work Ben and Billy!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

9. Default  
    You guys have amazing costumes.

Atlanta is hot in September and warm in October, how do you find actors willing to wear silicone masks and full body suits? I'm sure they are super sweaty after you do your parades in the summer.

DA

10. Default  
    Yes it is hot and yes it takes a special kind of actor to endure a silicone mask and or full suit! But sometimes you find the right actor with the right mask and they love it so much they don't mind. Some tips.. when they go on break they wash the silicone masks with cold water. We stress Drink drink drink water and gatorade and have special water bottles and drink holders for each position. EVERY night any costume or costume element that can be washed IS washed, including robes, dresses coats, shirts, gloves, blackout costumes and masks, etc. Big suits or Dryclean only type costumes are sprayed with En-Bac and hung to get maximum air circulation. Sweat destroys lots of masks and paint jobs so it it a constant job to clean, repair, and repaint all of the gear.

We are very proud of the staff that keeps the costumes, masks and props clean and looking good for each nights performance, because fabricating or buying nice costumes is only half the battle. Heck the silicone masks are constantly being repaired as well. Personally I find the heat to be insane sometimes when I act, until the act of scaring and entertaining the guests pushes all discomfort to the side.
    Ben Armstrong
    www.Fearworld.com

Thread Information