HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Stretchy Fabric Portraits?

Hybrid View

1. Default Stretchy Fabric Portraits? 
    Greetings Haunters:

I am trying to track down the name of that rubbery fabric that you can push against and see the contour of your face and hands. It used to be popular a while back, then I don't see it much anymore. St Transworld I saw it as part of Imaginart's "Terror Vision" TV where a face squeezes out of the viewing screen.

With that in mind, does anyone know if they have made portraits with that material? We have a portrait corridor that we're looking to mix things up in regards to scares. We thought someone pressing behind a picture might look cool.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Default  
    Lycra is what they make the full body contour suits out of. That might be a start!?

3. Default  
    Most of the time I just use lycra or spandex with latex sprayed on to add to the stiffness. A good airbrush artist could easily paint a portrait for you onto it.

4. Default  
    Ooh - that might work; I've been looking into custom printing on lycra. It can be done, but it has some specifics to consider. I'm going to look into it.

For legal reasons I'll say right now that, if I can indeed create a portrait on spandex, nobody offered any help and it was all my amazing idea so it's now copyrighted by me. If it fails, I'll blame others.

Thanks!

5. Default  
    If you do get it to work then I will have to say that you didn't build that. Someone else made that happen....

6. Default  
    Hey, if you know who that is, let me know. But I think I figured it out before them because, well, I'm pretty amazing that way. I am Mephisto the Great, after all.

7. Default Already done 
    Hate to steal your thunder but there was actually a company at TW that had a painting done on Spandex, that you could stand behind and push out. I was thinking about buying one but then figured I could build one cheaper myself. Might do it next year. I dont remember the name of the company that had the portrait but it wasnt the same booth as the TV set.
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Thread Information