HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Video Cameras?

Hybrid View

1. Default Video Cameras? 
    Hey guys, I want to get a new video camera to make promotion videos and whatnot of the haunt... but it needs to be one capable of either shooting in extremely low light or have infrared capabilities.

What's worked for you guys? I've seen "night vision" shots before for other haunts and I'd like to do the same!
    Bryce Ring
    St. Matthew House of Mayhem
    nightmareproductionz@gmail.com
    House of Mayhem

2. Default Wha type? 
    I have superior knowledge of CCTV type video equipment but little to no experience with hand held video equipment but I will try to help. What type of equipment are you referring to?

Ryan

3. Default  
    I'm just looking for anything fairly cheap that records video well in low light.
    Bryce Ring
    St. Matthew House of Mayhem
    nightmareproductionz@gmail.com
    House of Mayhem

4. Default Sony Handycam 
    Google Sony Handycam... There is lots of models to compare. You might be able to find a used one or possibly consider ebay.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by rfsystems View Post
    Google Sony Handycam... There is lots of models to compare. You might be able to find a used one or possibly consider ebay.
    This is a great idea. Just to tag onto it, there are IR attachments that you can purchase that may be cheaper than purchasing a "professional" (over $2,000) camera. The only benifit to the professional camera is the lense as it provides a better image (home made video vs what we see on TV).

Ryan

6. Default  
    we too use the old Sony Handy Cam. They work OK, the only complaint I might have is sometimes the resolution is not so great in action shots. All & ALL it pretty good for the price & can film in complete darkness...
    Slaughter.

Thread Information