HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Night Terrors NEA Build Progress

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Thanks for the comments guys! It's inspiring, at I tell ya, at this point, I need it! Man if I hear "wall panels" one more time today... lol.

I think it's time to shoot some face on Battlefield 3! I play on PS3 so hit me up a PM if you wanna noob around together.

We got 4 heavy duty wall panels built (thought I had enough for 5) I need 5 per exterior wall that includes a door. We got 10 more standards built as well. Cleaned out building #2, it's almost completed as far as construction goes.

Building 3 will be started in 2 days. After that, it should be all detailing! I'll get more pics up once the fun stuff starts.

Dewayne

2. Default  
    Maggie Valley, North Carolina, United States
    looks good and wish you the best of luck for the years scares. but um got to say you can never have enough wall panels they are a constant and constantly changing at that.lol hope you kill it.
    The Care Taker
    John "DarkTombCreations.com"

3. Default  
    Thanks. Yeah we're just trying to build what we need at the moment. If it does enough that we can stay, we plan on doubling the wall panels and all that. We'll probably redo most of the rooms and make them smaller, tighter and can get about 5 more rooms.

I hope we kill it, but tbh, if it pays rent I'll cry happy still :P

Dewayne

4. Default  
    well that is the best attitude to have in my humble opinion. About two years back now i helped someone wtih a business plan for a haunt in Cali and it blew me away how they just argued and did not understand why i ws puting the value on marketing and shwoing no proft for the first two years and little profit the third and fourth year. I believe in be realistic and hey if the numbers show up at the door better then what is common on a new haunt then you did good if not then keep on trucking on like everyone else does and build the business. when i saw the final business proposal they took to a lender they were expecting to pay them selves like half a mil by year 3! seriously not realistic heck there would be haunted houses on every street corner if that where the case.
    Again best of luck to you.
    The Care Taker

5. Default  
    ... Well, I don't how to tell you guys this. After all the hardwork, and getting construction 98% done, and building 1 detailed and building 2 almost detailed, getting all of our advertisement paid for, after getting all of our banners and flyers...

we're done. We just got F#%#ed by our own city inspector's office. They're onboard, they like us, they LOVE us and want us here. However, someone choked on the date. Long story short, to get zoned correctly, they told us to have the legal in the paper by Tuesday at the latest. Well, they told us wrong, that's 1 day too late.

We did EVERYTHING everyone told us to do, paid all the fees and got all the permits etc. All that was left was to get the meeting done and over with.

My wife told me that the lady at the office cried all night on her husband's shoulder for us. Everyone in town is upset. She also said that Dennis (inspector) is digging to see if he can help somehow but... show's over.

Sometimes I wonder... just how right people were when they were telling me it's "Best to ask forgiveness than permission" .. but, I wanted to do it RIGHT... and still got screwed.

I haven't drank in 15 years but I think I'm just gonna go get some alcohol, order pizza and get drunk. Maybe call my volunteers that's been busting arse and shoot some face on Battlefield 3.

Good luck to the rest of you guys and thank you so much for helping me get 99% to my dream.

Dewayne

6. Default Wow this sucks 
    Dude this sucks. It is so very depressing to hear about fellow haunters having to close up before the season even begins. I will be drinking a few with you mate.
    But dont give up on the dream. Next year will be here before you know it, and it sounds like the whole town is behind you so you know next year will be a banner event. Maybe hold a party in the building this year for all the town as a prelude of whats to come?
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

7. Default  
    Me personaly i would keep on moving forward in hopes that something posative will come of it. i would keep doing as much as possible whyle spending as little moeny as i could. things can change to the good just as quickly as they have for the not so good. if the town wants you there they will make it happen for ya some how. hopeing for the best for ya. Dont bother with the alchy it will just hurt everyone else around you and not make the next day any better. wishing posative vibes your way man.
    The Care Taker

8. Default Wait!! 
    DeWayne Buddy! Listen, there's a MINOR technicality you MAY be able to play on...

Keep cool and lay low for a little while, try and see if they can rectify the situation somehow but don't do any work.

Since the officials clearly aren't purposely trying to screw you, maybe you can work around their agenda....

Most towns don't shut ANYTHING down, at ALL without a 30 day cease and desist notice. Your season is 30 days long, and you'd be operational 20+/- days...so if you lay low and don't do ANY more work, and your town HAS to give you 30 days to cease, you can wait until atleast October 1st to get that order, and open for up to 30 days then shut down completely. It's a VERY low-blow tactic...but legal....you'd still save October and then would have an entire year to re-do and fix the paperwork issues, and GUARANTEE you'll be all set, you only have to go through planning and zoning ONCE to get your special exceptions as long as you never leave the space you're at, so do it right once and then only the building people and fire marshal can go through everything each year. I definitely am not saying that EVERYONE should do this, but i mean....it's a minor legal loophole, the only thing you can be told to stop doing immediately is work, after that the next order is to give you a 30 day cease and desist, so if you can avoid getting that paperwork until October 1st, you can salvage your season.

HOLD THE BOOZE! YOU MAY BE ALRIGHT!!

If not, I'll fly down and we can drink rum and coke all night long! I'll even get the pizza! ;P

9. Default  
    I'm with Bobby, someone is full of themselves here. They claim to want you, but are unwilling to make a one time exception. BULL!

Don't throw in the towel yet!

10. Default  
    Eh, I didn't drink too much. : P I just can't keep drinking anymore. I wasn't an alcoholic, didn't think about how that come across lol. I was just merely stating I've not been so depressed in years that I just had to drink something. Anywho, you guys, I appreciate your comments. And you're right. I started working again, not too hard though. We'll see what happens and go from there.

I'll check into the Cease order details and such. Bobby, you're on the nailhead there. If that's the case, that's exactly what we need to do! We're not "open" yet, so if they DO have to give us a notice, then well, we'll run until then lol.

Thanks again guys for the encouragement. I'll keep yous posted.

Until then, I'ma get back to building my spider puppet :P

Dewayne

Thread Information