HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Is it to early?

Hybrid View

1. Default Is it to early? 
    Our haunt opens up on Oct 12th this year and runs on prime nights of Fri and Sat for 3 weeks. This is the first time we will be running this early in Oct. We have a few places that will stuff our AWESOME 4x6 postcard flyers in bags when people make purchases. Is it to early to have those places start stuffing them in?

~Ryan
    BARN OF TERROR
    www.barnofterror.us

2. Default  
    I think it is too early. People have a short memory. The ideal time is 7-14 days before your opening. This way people have it fresh in their mind. Unless it is a large festival or event, and you are trying to brand the name, then it is throwing money away. If you need printing, contact me. Sean @ pixelpushersinc.com
    Sean Hughes
    sean@pixelpushersinc.com
    847.550.6560 Office
    312.613.7326 Mobile

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanMassacre View Post
    I think it is too early. People have a short memory. The ideal time is 7-14 days before your opening. This way people have it fresh in their mind. Unless it is a large festival or event, and you are trying to brand the name, then it is throwing money away. If you need printing, contact me. Sean @ pixelpushersinc.com
    What he said.

Now, if you want to catch'em early, then create facebook profiles for your icon characters and have them post about their antics all year round, and then that way your growing customer base keeps the haunt on their radar.

C.

4. Default  
    I agree that facebook and also twitter are great channels to keep people interested in what is going on with your haunt. If you have a main character, then it is a great idea to give them a twitter page, and fans love when they can engage with the character throughout the year. Also if you gain a big following that can lead to a lot of fun different contests and things that you can do to have them share photos and content to their friends and family.

Honestly I think that the internet is a huge avenue for haunters to use and can be more effective than print ads that you pass out to stores, etc. That is just me though.
    Just your friendly neighborhood...........awe hell I can't think of anything witty

5. Default  
    Facebook is a great thing to advertise your haunt. Our facebook has over 13,000 fans. facebook.com/MassacreHaunt. However, don't post too much, because then people will stay to "HIDE" or "UNSUBSCRIBE" or just "UNLIKE" your page. Less is more.
    Sean Hughes
    sean@pixelpushersinc.com
    847.550.6560 Office
    312.613.7326 Mobile

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

6. Default Building that fan base 
    Hey guys any insights as to how to build that FB fan base? I am using all of the usual methods, and aside from advertising on FB (which will be in the budget for next year) we are doing all the "right" things, but the fan base is growing ever so slowly. I need to ramp this up considerably in the next month to feel comfortable.
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Thread Information