I agree with some of these posts as well, especially about volunteers. We make all of our full timers volunteer at least 2 nights each season. Many end up volunteering more nights just to help the cause. I use that money to help pay for a great party after the haunt is finished.

My experience with going all volunteer actors is that a lot of them are not as good and don't care as much about doing a top notch job. Also, they seem to be a lot less reliable because it's not like they are worried about getting fired. So sometimes they just don't show up or call to let ya know they are not coming in that night leaving you without people to fill their spots and making you run around at the last minute to rearrange things. After all, they can show up at any haunt and be put to work as a volunteer. Who's going to turn down free help? so if you go that route, make sure you have a handfull of extras so you never end up with a haunt that looks short on monsters. As a customer of a haunt I hate when you enter a scene that you know is supposed to have someone working at nobody is there to scare ya!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction (The Final Chapter)
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com