HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Gore-Galore experience...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    So I propose that there is a list on the internet where you can register who complained and that data base in available in a smart phone app and their is a 15% up charge if their name comes up.

Even the BBB has another side to it, you can sure look up a company, but you can also see who complained about things and not do business with them as they are probably a pain in the ass for some reason. Lack of money, new money, overly entitled, think the whole world is about them, just plain hormonal or psychotic. Those are the customers the competition can have.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

2. Default E-Bay Way! 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Someone bids on your Cadillac hearse, you get to see what they have been biding on for the last month or two. One bidder for the hearse also was collecting Marylin Monroe memorabilia. I was tempted to get a life-sized cardboard cut out of her and take a picture of the hearse with her reflection in the glass, then he would HAVE to buy it! (Was this THE hearse that took her to the grave? It was a 1957)
    I know, unfair, spy-like information I had there.

3. Default  
    Greg,

I couldn't agree with you more buddy!
    I don't want to steal the thread or change the subject so I'll keep it brief.

Haunting is a niche market. But that doesn't mean it isn't full of hard workers. These so called vendors really shouldn't be called that. Vendors mass produce and sell their crap to Spirit Halloween stores.

When you order from a "vendor" like gore galore, or scare factory or other "vendors", you aren't buying a prop or an animatronic or a giant costume, you are buying a piece of art. These guys are artists. They make these creations from their twisted and messed up minds (and I mean that in the nicest of ways), and all they want to do is what any other artist wants, and that's to see their work being appreciated by a large group of people.

And that, is commendable, $20 says we will never see Kevin living a Malibu mansion, and we'll probably never see him with clothes on that don't have some sort of paint or latex or clay on them, and that speaks wonders.

Yes they take your money, and because of that all "vendors" need a way of proper communication, maybe not a secretary, but more of an hour or two at the end of the day to check emails and listen to voicemails and reply to customer inquiries. It isn't rocket science, but it isn't always a "vendors" wish to take your money without filling your order, because these guys love doing what they do, and when it shows (like it does in Kevin's case), sometimes these "vendors" make a business error, and we need to always remember that as clients, these guys aren't business management majors, they're artists and we need to learn artist language to communicate effectively, just like these artists need to learn business talk so we can understand them as well.

It's always a two way street!

Nd sorry that was so long lol I'm on my phone and feel silly typing so much haha so please forgive any grammar issues I can't read the whole thing at the moment haha do I hope this is coming out right! Haha

Kevin, DeWayne, you guys are both awesome and I'm glad this never got ugly! You are two great people and I'm happy to see the issues resolved

4. Default Greg for president 
    I would vote for him, how about you?

5. Default  
    The free exchange of information, most valid, some not, is of no harm to anyone
    where capital is exchanged in a market, no matter the size or nature of the market.

People of like interests will always find a way to exchange information and ideas;
    this forum is already selectively censored so if people don't get the information here
    they'll employ alternate methods as they certainly already do.

The scalability of an industry is of no matter; most every buyer and every vendor knows that
    some people make a hobby of being dissatisfied, seems they 'enjoy' it. So each player knows
    they must wade though some junk to get to good reasonable observations about the
    qualitative aspects of a vendor.

When a vendor, like Kevin, takes some ownership of a 'ball dropped' and takes steps to correct
    it, he only builds greater credibility in the market, which he has undoubtedly done here. He has had,
    nor does he apparently have, any fear of a "lights on" public exchange about his companies
    performance.

Cheers to Dewayne for defending his interests and Bravo to Kevin for being responsive to the needs
    of a customer, no matter how small the bottom line consequence. GG's work and reputation speak
    for themselves and where quality, originality, and customer attention meet they are equal to, if not
    the, industry leader.

I bet both sides of this issue move on to more success and future dealings.

Thread Information