HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Prop Book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Prop Book 
    Everyone,

I'm hoping to put together a massive work on cost effective props, tools needed, and how to make them. I'm hoping everyone will participate and email your prop tutorial(s) to me at:

joshtmd@yahoo.com

If you can do it, please include:

-Some type of name
    -Items/tools needed
    -How to build tutorial
    -estimated cost of the build

Once completed, I fully intend to freely distribute the work back to all individuals who gave at least one prop tutorial.

I know that several projects like this have previously been done, but I'm hoping to put together a work that consists of several hundred prop ideas, almost like a miniature encyclopedia of props lol . I'm hoping for 500 or more pages, but we'll see how it goes. I just really want to help out the haunt community, and this seemed like something I could put together. Thank you very much for the help that you guys have given me over the last two years of my obsession with Halloween lol.

~Josh Thompson

2. Default  
    Are you going to be selling the book? If you are asking others for , then asking for money for it then the haunt industry would be doing something for you as opposed to you doing something for it. Im just curious for your plan for the book after it is made.
    Allen H

3. Default  
    Yeah I have to agree, although I enjoy sharing projects, what is the benefit of sharing these with you?

4. Default  
    I just thought I would watch a bunch of
    Stiltbeaststudios videos, write em up and resell them.
    Ah, heck, that's way to much effort, maybe i can just copy the videos, package them into a DVD and sell that.
    Well, I would need a cool cover, so if someone can make one and send it to me, that would be swell.

Sorry, im seeing the pre season stress and lack of rest building up, its effecting me

We have a lot of very generous people in the haunt community but I dont see anyone working to help profit another.
    On the other hand, a well done book or even better a well organized web site that stores all this and distributes for free would be fabulous.
    Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
    Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
    2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

5. Default  
    Your responses are duly noted. Perhaps I chose my words poorly when I said I intended to "freely" distribute the work back to all who contributed something. Beyond that, I have no intention of selling it to anyone, whether in hard form, electronic form, or any other form there may be. Nor do I intend to sell it to those who did NOT contribute to the work, as I feel that that would be ethically dishonest, as 99% of it would not be from my mind. I hope that clarifies things.

Have an awesome Halloween!!!

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranormal Fear View Post
    Your responses are duly noted. Perhaps I chose my words poorly when I said I intended to "freely" distribute the work back to all who contributed something. Beyond that, I have no intention of selling it to anyone, whether in hard form, electronic form, or any other form there may be. Nor do I intend to sell it to those who did NOT contribute to the work, as I feel that that would be ethically dishonest, as 99% of it would not be from my mind. I hope that clarifies things.

Have an awesome Halloween!!!
    LOL, suresure, but then again I believe in the tooth fairy too

7. Default  
    I understand the distrust. After all, no one knows me at a personal level. It was just an idea. Maybe I'll just come up with something myself. Thank you anyways for your time in reading and responding.

8. Default hey 
    would love a dvd

9. Default  
    Josh,
    If you have enough content for 99% of the book, then make the book then sell it. It could then help the industry. I would buy a book like that for $20-30.
    Allen H

10. Default  
    Allen I think he said 99% would NOT be from his mind....

Thread Information