HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Gas Boycott on Tues 15th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "I want to work for you in your Haunted House."
    "Why?"
    "I need money for my car payments."
    "What kind of a car do you have?"
    "A Hummer."
    "And you think I pay that much money to my hired help here?"

All that October she would park her Hummer across from my house making many people assume that it was mine!
    One night I got to drive it three blocks. The gas gauge said I had enough gas to go 145 miles in the tank, I idled it backwards from where it was parked, pulled it into Drive, Idled it one small block to the first Stop sign, Idled it two blocks up to the next Stop sign-"You now have enough gas left to go 137 miles!!!"
    I could see that you would need a GPS unit with all the gas stations listed for you!
    She lived 70 miles from The Ravens Grin Inn!
    Very nice young woman, she got rid of the Hummer not long after she worked here.
    Hummers hum the song of perpetual thir$t.

2. Default  
    Bodybagging,

Honestly, I applaud you! I have no problem with people that have to use big gas-hungry vehicles that _actually use them_ for something. Doing construction work is a very good reason to need and USE big trucks! It's awesome that you are able to use your smaller trucks to still get the job done.

What I have a huge problem with are the folks that drive around *alone* in huge vehicles for no other purpose than to get to their office-job or go to the mall or whatever it is people do, ...when there are better transportation alternatives.

Congrats on an excellent effort!

-- I
    -------------------------------
    http://www.fx13studios.com

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    In this small village there would be the elderly that drove in circles all day, all night long, they "knew" if they stopped driving that Death would ketchup to them!
    Of course having a fatal heart attack, hanging half-way from your fast idling car trying to get help from people standing on the corner is also poor form.
    Yup.

4. Default  
    small truck, 25 mpg. saturn, 30 mpg.

No need for an SUV when you can haul your haunted house with a small truck
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Thread Information