HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Video recording disclaimer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Video recording disclaimer 
    Hey all,

We're doing video recordings this fall of some of our guests reactions. We already have model releases for our actors so that we can video record them for commercials and such, but what do you guys do for your patrons? A simple posted "you may be recorded" disclaimer? Or something more elaborate? Obviously having everyone sign a waiver isn't feasible, so what works for you?

2. Default  
    Anyone? Lol

3. Default  
    I've wondered the same question. Currently, we are just putting it up on our "rules" sign at the ticket window that I'm sure no one will read anyway.

4. Default  
    I understand that it's our property, and we can do what we like, but we need a way to let the patrons know that they may be on our website videos, etc...

Are we the only two who want to do this or have done this? Hmm

5. Default  
    Yes, you're correct in all you have to do is state somewhere, easily seen, that the patrons "may or may not" be recorded. To cover everything, just put a sign in front of your queue line saying "Filming Today - You admission let's us record you" (using better words, of course) and that's it! By buying a ticket, they give you the right to record.
    Bryce Ring
    St. Matthew House of Mayhem
    nightmareproductionz@gmail.com
    House of Mayhem

6. Default  
    This is the last item on our rules which are posted at the ticket booth, on our facade and on the door as they enter:

By entering this establishment, you are giving consent to be filmed and/or photographed. You also give permission for those videos and/or photos to be reproduced and used by the establishment owners to promote this event. No videos and/or photos will be used inappropriately.

You may use our wording or do something similar. That should cover you.
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

7. Default  
    What Howie said. BUT it's also a good idea to print that on the tickets as well, since then they can't complain....because they had the actual disclaimer in their hands the whole time

8. Default  
    Or you can just do it since no one is likely to complain. The worst that can happen is they bitch about it and you edit them out. Most people like the attention (assuming they aren't cheating on their girlfriend by taking someone else).

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterwax View Post
    Or you can just do it since no one is likely to complain. The worst that can happen is they bitch about it and you edit them out. Most people like the attention (assuming they aren't cheating on their girlfriend by taking someone else).
    That is NOT the worst that can happen. They could very easily sue you if they made it into promotional material, YouTube video, etc. Posting a few signs and having it printed on the tickets is a very easy way to remove yourself from that possible situation.

Every one of our tickets has the following;

Hundred Acres Manor is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Ticket purchaser bears all risks of inclement weather. No refunds / exchanges. Ticket user consents to use of his/her image or likeness incidental to any video display, transmission or recoding of the event by venue. The use of cameras, video or audio recording equipment is prohibited.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

We're headlining the HauntCon 2012 tour! We hope to see you there!

A big thanks to all of those who came out to visit us on the '09 MHC Pre-Con Tour!

10. Default  
    the news channel put cameras inside my haunt to let people watch our patrons getting scared live on webcam. they put up a disclaimer sign by my ticket booth. i have no clue where this sign is off hand but i will look for it. i do remember it was pretty wordy. if i find it i will post it for you

Thread Information