HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Glow paint?

1. Default Glow paint? 
    Hi, I'm new to home haunting and wanted to pick your brains to see if this is possible or not. I just bought one of the full sized skeletons from Walgreens and wanted to paint it in glow-in-the-dark paint, so I can black light it out on my porch. I'm trying to figure out if I can get a glow-in-the-dark paint that will dry clear and be weather resistant. Or, at least a glow-in-the-dark paint, that will dry clear, so I can apply a weather safe clear coat.

Any suggestions would be awesome. Thank!
    - HauntFan

2. Default  
    Well, I am going ahead with the Glow-in-the-Dark clothe paint. It's fairly inexpensive and so far seems to be doing the trick. I guess the true results will be seen once the prop is taken down. (Also, decided to add some eye to up the creep factor!)
    261963_4778806515896_1684808709_n.jpg548618_4778977000158_237282286_n.jpg

3. Default  
    Im sorry I never saw your thread (busy time of year) mix woolite in with your clear coat and it makes a great Clear UV paint. Cover them as often as you can because the sun eats the Glow off of the paint. Im sorry no one responded- honestly first time I have seen it.
    Allen H

4. Default  
    Thanks for the suggestion! I already have it coated with the cloth paint, but will have to give that a try if I get a second skeleton. The glow pain did work in a room with no light, but it ended up being useless when I placed the prop on my balcony (a combo of large amounts of ambient light and lack of bright black light, caused the glow effect to be unnoticeable). Next year, I may retry this and put up some kind of black barrier cloth to block out the light.

Again, thanks for the tip and happy haunting!
    HauntFan

Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    Im sorry I never saw your thread (busy time of year) mix woolite in with your clear coat and it makes a great Clear UV paint. Cover them as often as you can because the sun eats the Glow off of the paint. Im sorry no one responded- honestly first time I have seen it.
    Allen H

Thread Information