HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Ghostride productions issues

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Couple things...

1) Slain I think your check was probably shoved in a hogs head because that was his way of saying sorry he gave you a free prop. That is what they make a lot of dead animals and stuff. I think you might have taken that wrong.

2) Ghost Ride hmmm... first off I consider them good friends to myself, my entire family and the haunt industry as a whole. I've seen their stuff get nothing but better and better every single year. Right now I would say their stuff is just like right up there with the best that is available in this industry. I think what they did this year at Transworld might have been their best stuff ever...

Now with all that being said I'm not going to lie yes they are always late (SORRY MIKE) but at the same time they ALWAYS COME THRU ALWAYS...

They are NOT one of these vendors that will ignore you wont' return your emails your phone calls or anything else... he's obviously really busy right now and this guy is as dedicated as they come. He always comes thru one way or another... and if he doesn't he's a class act he'll make it up to you, he'll give you your money back if he has to but one way or the other he comes though.

There just isn't a vendor out there that has never dropped the ball but that doesn't mean its on purpose... trust me Mike is coming thru for you folks trust me! Have faith in Ghost Ride because they are a TOP NOTCH company!

On another note I've called Scarefactory 50 times, sent a zillion emails about a couple props I bought no return email and no return phone call nothing... not a peep. Is everyone else having this same problem there... I agree its getting OLD NEWS to always being treated like this however I do understand all these guys are busy but that doesn't mean any of them should ignore you!

It doesn't take long to return an email. It takes Bo right now like 5 days to return my email but he does eventually return my email with an update... I know with Bo he's not doing the communication thing he's working on props for haunts!!!! We all want our cake and we want to eat it to but I think we just have to take the good with the bad... and if its too much bad then we move on.

But again if someone knows how to get in touch with Scarefactory let me know!

Larry

2. Default  
    Always and forever sticking up for every bad vendor out there. It never stops.
    I dont care how good you were before.....Your only as good as your last job...period!

Stew
    Last edited by Darksidestew; 08-16-2013 at 05:05 AM.

3. Default  
    Larry, you may have had good luck with ghost ride what when i first posted this almost a year ago, i had been trying too contact ghost ride for 3 weeks with no response.
    we had been waiting for our order from transworld and still had not recevied it in september.
    i dont know too many place that you have to wait 5+ months to get an order from.
    they have poor customer service.3 of the 8 or so props we got from them where broke in shipping and by the time we got them we it was too late to do anything becuse we opened in a week

4. Default  
    I think that it is just bad when vendors don't communicate well with their customers. With the way that technology has advanced the way you can message your customer now days there is not a excuse. You always hear the bad things about vendors communication in the haunt industry and I would like to say that there are some that have great communication out there and ship right on time. Gore Galore, Froggy's Fog, and Fright Props are top of my list as far as customer service in the industry right now. What do they have that other vendors don't and need to get, I don't know but maybe its a person at their side that can be trusted to handle this side of the business. Larry you have Patti to handle stuff for you, I know Kevin has Crystal to do the same for him and I think both are great to deal with. Some say that its they are small shops and don't have the manpower to do what is needed for good customer service and as a response to that is that there are not many smaller operation than Allen at Stiltbeast Sudio and Shane at Brutal rust and you never have a problem getting a hold of them. So I ask that people post the good guys with the bad too and not just beat a dead horse all the time, I mean I don't need to hear that Shot in the Dark is not delivering the stuff I ordered at TW for three years, we all know that you should do cash and carry with them after all the post about them on here. I don't know, this issue always get me pissed off because I would never think to do this to my customers, so it bothers me when you hear about it happening with others. What ever happened to the saying of "under promise and over deliver", I guess that won't change until we stop buying from companies that treat us this way.
    Phatman

5. Default  
    I'm not sticking up for Ghost Ride I'm stating a fact this is one of the best guys in the business and I think if you asked 100 haunt owners to tell you their top 5 guys to deal with he'd make 90% of those lists. Its a no brainier Ghost Ride is one of the best companies in the industry. I agree everyone needs to learn to communicate better no matter how busy they are but this is an extreme busy time!

I'm going to call him and see whats up.

Larry

6. Default  
    I have not dealt with them Larry and you know a lot more people that have dealt with them, so I will have to take your word for it. But have you ever thought that you may get a little better service than the average Joe because of your stature in the industry, not to mention you have a venue to voice your displeasure louder than most. I will say that you do let the forums run their own course and have little interference from what I have seen so in some aspects you have given a voice to the average haunter too. I hope you are right because I was going to place a big order with them at the next TW.
    Phatman

7. Default  
    I wanted to chime in and say thanks for the heads-up.

I have been burnt in the past by a company that "did" send an order, but was not even close to what I ordered. Basically they took my 4500 and sent me about 500 worth of crap that I never ordered. (long story...wasn't pretty)

I have always heard good things about Ghostride and their products, and I do understand about getting busy, BUT, there is no excuse not too communicate with your clients - no matter how big or small they may be.

Anytime I have spoken with Gore Galore late in the season, they would simple say they were not taking orders and would put me on the list if something comes up. Some of us don't have all the cash needed in the spring, so thus, you get some late orders sometimes. But when you place your order @ TW, the manufacture really should have a good handle on what they can and can't get done by Sept. Sure, there will be unforeseen issues and problems, but, THAT IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE CUSTOMER.

Customers are what keeps you in business and it is like giving them the middle finger when you can't get back to them and let them know what's up, good or bad! I don't believe that is too much to ask for and should not be the norm in this industry.

Fix the problems, communicate with customers and get back to making kick ass props.

I hope Ghostride can get things worked, as I really do like their stuff.

Just my two cents.

PB

8. Default  
    I have read many stories about various vendors and it seems various people within the industry have different experiences and working relationships. Its one of the reasons I preety much deal exclusively with california vendors. If there is a problem I just go over and make sure it gets solved. It seems to be the time to instill what a lot of construction contractors have to do. Order deadline is this, then if its late by set time you get a discount, then if its further late additional discount then cancel. having people wait months for a prepaid product is rediculous. Yes thier specialty items made by professionals, but they should act like a professional and deliver on time. Or be honest and say were over are in over are heads and your order is not that important to us, here is your money back. That would be more professional
    Last edited by Wilson GTS; 08-17-2013 at 12:15 AM.

9. Default  
    One thing all these guys need to learn to do is to communicate... I'd say vendors overall in this industry get a C plus at best for communication but that is an industry wide issue not a Ghost Ride issue. yes there are some better than others like Fright Props I'd say they are pretty organized group just as an example. Scarefactory is suppose to be the biggest animation supplier but I've called and emailed him several times and send text again today... NO REPLY!

I'm going on a limb here... I am seriously consider NEVER ordering ANYTHING no matter how much I like something from ANY company that can't return my phone calls, or at least send me a quick email to tell me whats up. Yes I agree some of these guys are ridiculous...

I do know and realize however that guys like Mike over at Ghost Ride are WORKING DAILY and NIGHTLY trying to get stuff done. But that shouldn't stop them from returning emails... returning phone calls or sitting on the phone with you guys all day won't help them get your stuff done.

I don't take calls about orders people make on our supply store... I don't have time for it. I tell every single one of these people who call to either call Patti or send me an email with their order, their address, and I will get to the bottom of it via email. I spend every day I wake up answering emails and every night before I go to bed sending emails.

NO CUSTOMER OF OURS doesn't get an answer the same day they ask... ALL VENDORS can or should be able to do the same. I do know like I said talking on the phone all day won't get anything done. I don't take many phone calls anymore maybe 10% of the calls I get I answer...

I do answer all emails though and so should all these guys.

But getting back to Ghost Ride no way will I believe even for a second that he would screw anyone... never will happen! He's a stand up guy 110%... just will never happen. Do they have flaws sure, so does all the guys out there... but never will Ghost Ride screw over anyone.

Larry

10. Default  
    I have to agree about Ghost Ride coming through. I was in a bind last year and put a late order in and they came through for us without a hitch. I wouldn't hestitate ordering from them again. But sorry to hear your having such issues.

Rob
    Fairbanks Asylum

Thread Information