HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Shot in the Dark

Results 1 to 10 of 21

Hybrid View

  1. Default Shot in the Dark 
    #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    61
    OK... so after several phone calls and basically giving up and resigning myself to the fact that I would have to call my credit card and get a refund my horn finally arrived this morning. Great right! WRONG! Opened the box and in it was a piece of crap. Wires disconnected, lights not working, horn that is WAY below the quality of what they were showing at the booth in St. Louis and not near as loud and for $380 bucks not even a battery charger?!! WTF is wrong with these people? Im making a shirt that says Shot in the Dark SUCKs and wearing it to the next show. Anyone who is thinking about buying from them... dont. Email me instead and I will send you as many pics and info as you need to make your own piece of crap and it wont cost you near as much.
     

  2. Default  
    #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, In
    Posts
    393
    Sorry to hear about your experience with them. Be sure to visit their vendor profile on in the new Vendor Review directory on Hauntersdigest.com and rate them. Let others know what you experienced. http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor...k-scare-tools/
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Custom Branded Mobile App for your Haunted Attraction - http://www.hauntapps.com
    Website Designer & Developer - http://www.charlesterry.com
     

  3. Default  
    #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieRelics View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience with them. Be sure to visit their vendor profile on in the new Vendor Review directory on Hauntersdigest.com and rate them. Let others know what you experienced. http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor...k-scare-tools/
    Along with Flavorus, apparently. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pickle volunteered to moderate some of your pages.

    Btw, why does SITD have such a good rating? I've only ever heard that they suck.

    C.
     

  4. Default  
    #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, In
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    Along with Flavorus, apparently. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pickle volunteered to moderate some of your pages.

    Btw, why does SITD have such a good rating? I've only ever heard that they suck.

    C.
    Hey BrotherMysterio,

    Sorry, but Pickle nor any other 3rd parties moderate any of our vendor profiles or anything else on HauntersDigest.com. We don't take money for promoting vendor profiles or altering their ratings. Those ratings are based on the reviews of the people that take a few seconds to rate and post their experiences with that vendor good or bad. If that vendor has a good or bad rating, that's because that's what people have voted them. If you've had a bad experience with them, then please feel free to visit their profile and post that feedback and rating. Looking at the profile for SITD, their rating is at 3.4 out of 5 which I wouldn't say is that great.

    We've just posted a vendor profile for Flavorus as well at http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor/flavorus/. So if anyone has had a experience with them, good or bad, please visit their profile and rate them.

    The only way that anyone will know about a vendor being a great or poor vendor is by former customers taking a moment to rate them to help others either avoid them or encourage them to feel safe doing business with them. And that company is free to post any reply's to feedback on their profiles. We like to only promote those Vendors that have 5 stars and a great reputation. We do that as a reward to those vendors that take pride in their service and products. Not because someone paid us to or for any other reason.
    Last edited by MovieRelics; 09-30-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Custom Branded Mobile App for your Haunted Attraction - http://www.hauntapps.com
    Website Designer & Developer - http://www.charlesterry.com
     

  5. Default Wait a minute... 
    #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlantic City (area), NJ
    Posts
    213
    Hey,
    How'd I get drug into this? I never had any dealings with SITD...but unfortunately their customer service is looking a little questionable but I can't speak from experience since I've had none with them. While customer service & communication are pet peeves of mine (not just the haunt/vendor biz but ALL biz) please don't drag me into any additional forum "fights" I have enough on my plate dealing with these DUMB TV shows!!! LMAO




    P.

    ("P" = Pickle / NOT Pickel)
     

  6. Default  
    #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, In
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post
    Hey,
    How'd I get drug into this? I never had any dealings with SITD...but unfortunately their customer service is looking a little questionable but I can't speak from experience since I've had none with them. While customer service & communication are pet peeves of mine (not just the haunt/vendor biz but ALL biz) please don't drag me into any additional forum "fights" I have enough on my plate dealing with these DUMB TV shows!!! LMAO

    P.

    ("P" = Pickle / NOT Pickel)

    LOL, sorry about that Pickle.
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Custom Branded Mobile App for your Haunted Attraction - http://www.hauntapps.com
    Website Designer & Developer - http://www.charlesterry.com
     

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •