HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Night Terrors soft opening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I wonder how everything worked out.

C.

2. Default Hmmmmmmm 
    At 100 per night, doesn't sound like they were going to make it. Everything was very chaotic for these guys; it seemed everywhere they went there were issues. More than normal?
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    More than normal?
    Perhaps so. Most regrettable.

C.

4. Default  
    Well guys, I figure it's time for an answer to your question.

*sigh* (no literally, took a huge sigh...) Um. Hard to say really. Long story short, and in order because I know what happened. What I'm about to say, is a very VERY REAL thing.

Our haunt failed. Not because of anything I did wrong... In June, 19th, my wife went into a clinic because of her chest hurting, slight pains and sometimes a hard skipping beat of the heart. They prescribed her Citalopram for anxiety. In 3 months time her personality completely flipped and went nuts on me! Started hanging with the teen help, having affairs, lying, started drinking and doing drugs. Antidepressants are called SSRI's and SNRI's and is just now coming to light that they can change a person completely, and sometimes for the worse! This is a very real thing and I'll stop talking on that subject at this point. I am now an activist on this and if anyone has questions, please feel free to pm me. I'll send you all the necessary links to get you started. The point is, she went nuts. During the seasons he even filed for divorce, which was final Feb. 5th. (She has since come off the medicine and VERY SLOWLY stopping her erratic behavior and very, very slowly becoming less of a .... yeah.)

Now you know WHY. I'll tell you what. She was telling me she was having 'talks' with the other 2 planned radio stations. TOLD me she was having actors / volunteers spreading flyers etc. TOLD ME she paid rent for Oct. Even said she had us scheduled for 3 more publicity stunts where we pumped gas, bought drinks and fuel for customers etc all while spreading our word. The dates came, nothing happened.

We only got 20% of our marketing plan completed. 1 radio station, 2 magazines and 500 flyers printed and given out. Only 2 of the 10 planned publicity stunts were done. We pulled 800 people in.

Rent. I moved out at her request on our anniversary, Halloween. I came to move some of my personal stuff Friday. I came with a friend's truck and extra trailer Sat.... the building was locked down, signs on the doors and windows claiming everything in a foreclosure from lack of rent due. $10,000 due in fact. Her name was on the lease only and I could not talk or deal with the owners. I lost everything. Also included in the building was my Tshirt airbrush business. I lost all the haunt contents minus one small truck load, all the foggers, tools, generators, masks, mask making equip, $500 worth of foam and materials, shirts, bed, ... well you name it. Gone. Everything I made, everything I built. Gone.

In the divorce she even claimed the hearse... and got it. Everything was 50/50. But there was nothing left after the foreclosure. I got the suv, she got the hearse, 50/50 custody with no cash left. People still recognize me and BEG me to bring back NT for 2013. Not had a single bad report and we had 3 'wetters' in the 3 weekends we ran.

I hated to post so much about my personal bit, but since it was all connected, i figured it relavent (sp?).

5. Default What a nightmare 
    Sounds like you had quite a load on your hands. Our heart goes out to you. Its bad enough to have to close down a business, but having to close down a marriage is horrific under your circumstances. Best of luck to you with your new ventures. It sounds like the activist role is a good thing for you right now. I wouldn't try opening the haunt gain this year if it were me. I would focus on my personal life, and my wife's health, and take a year to figure out my direction.

Good luck!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

6. Default  
    Thanks bub. Well, divorce was final Feb 5. The doctor and counselors at paxilprogress' website all told me that it's most likely going to be 6 months to a year before she starts to feel more like her old self, because of the drastic change in her. They have no doubt it was the medicine.

So, for me, focusing on something else is healing for me. It's hard for me to sit here without much to do. Thinking of all I lost. I still have my rocking granny, talking busts, a skeleton or two, a few fright props stuffies like pig head and cat etc... Ohh a decayed female head from midnight studios. But that's about it. BUT, I think doing a trailer haunt (or at least STARTING on construction for one) will help occupy my mind while I sort things out.

I don't want to give up. I own a few grand to a friend and I'm pretty sure he's going to push to continue.

Thread Information