HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: chainsaw

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Hybrid View

  1. Default chainsaw 
    #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Howdy all!

    I'm looking to use a chainsaw at our haunt. however, a saw with the chain removed is not an option my employers want to pursue do to safety issues that surround the use (heat, fumes, possibility of hair getting caught should a actor get too close, etc.). That being the case, I'm looking to build a chainsaw using an real chainsaw body, but remove the motor and replace with speakers and the proper electronics to create one that nearly as loud as the original. I don't wish to buy the garbage toys that are sold and try to pass it off as a real saw. Anyone have some ideas on how to create this unit where it's self contained and bloody loud?

    -Whitey
     

  2. Default  
    #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    2,788
    I would start with a gore galore scream cube, it is plenty loud and with 8 different tracks the chainsaw could go through several tracks. The tech is done and that is the hard part, you just need to change the look.
     

  3. Default  
    #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    I would start with a gore galore scream cube, it is plenty loud and with 8 different tracks the chainsaw could go through several tracks. The tech is done and that is the hard part, you just need to change the look.
    I love the idea, and was wondering the same thing, but at $549 for the cube, is there a bit more of an economical way to go? And how would you recreate the smell, without actually having burning gasoline? Sinister Scents, perhaps?

    C.
     

  4. Default  
    #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redding
    Posts
    283
    I done one in my kitchen this year with a real saw. And I used the wireless a/b remote switch from frightprops . The remote is attached to the saw and I have a mp3player with a chain saw sound looping through amped speakers in the room and when I push the a button it gives me the sound of the chainsaw and the b button runs another prop in the room. Seems to be working great so far.
     

  5. Default  
    #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    all great ideas. The one I'm strongly pursuing is the scream cube. I've been in contact with gore galore and we are looking at a solution together. I'll keep everyone posted.
     

  6. Default  
    #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    does anyone have a video of one of the scream boxes at maximum volume running a chainsaw sound??
     

  7. Default  
    #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamreaper View Post
    I done one in my kitchen this year with a real saw. And I used the wireless a/b remote switch from frightprops . The remote is attached to the saw and I have a mp3player with a chain saw sound looping through amped speakers in the room and when I push the a button it gives me the sound of the chainsaw and the b button runs another prop in the room. Seems to be working great so far.
    Numbers? Prices?

    C.
     

  8. Default  
    #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redding
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    Numbers? Prices?

    C.
    The A/B switch is in the new frightprops catalog around $30.00/ the mp3 player $20.00/the amp was from amazon 12v for $10.00 at the time and the speakers I picked up at yard sale for $8.00 so I done the whole scare around $70-80.00.
     

  9. Default  
    #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    And how would you recreate the smell, without actually having burning gasoline? Sinister Scents, perhaps?C.
    I know that Froggy's makes a chainsaw scent cup, the only bad thing is that the scent cup is around $25 and then the scent distributor box is another $30.
     

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •