HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Moving Past the Startle Scare

Hybrid View

1. Default Moving Past the Startle Scare 
    This last weekend was our first weekend, and we had two actors use their creativity and notch up the intensity. One would sneak up behind the group he just scared but because of his scare position they didn't know it was him. He would whisper in the ear of the person last in line, "Hey this is fun... I don't even work here." and then he'd duck off the trail and disappear. It really creeped out some of the customers... in essence presenting a perceived possible real life threat. I thought it was edgy and worked great.

You guys have any unique techniques that take the scare past the traditional startle that you don't mind sharing?

Thanks!
    Patrick

2. Default  
    Several years back one of my actors would wait for the guest to pass and run up behind them and say hurry hurry he is right behind me. They would turn and see him and scream and run, I even still do this myself some times.

Thread Information