HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: TicketLeap WTH?!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default TicketLeap WTH?! 
    Did TicketLeap crash for anyone else last night??

We got a LOT of calls from people frustrated that they couldn't buy tickets and our scanners were malfunctioning as well. And ofcourse we couldn't get anyone on the phone on a Saturday night, but their site malfunction cost us a LOT of money and I'm hoping I'm not the only one......did this happen to anyone else?? We checked an double checked all info and everything and we can't find something that was wrong on our end, does anyone know how to contact them on a Sunday?? Today's sales are equally messed up.

I have faith in Lee and know TicketLeap is one of the best, but we were beyond failed by them last night and what looks like tonight, any help on contacting them now would be deeply appreciated.

2. Default  
    TicketLeap crashed for us too. We called them.
    Sean Hughes
    sean@pixelpushersinc.com
    847.550.6560 Office
    312.613.7326 Mobile

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

3. Default  
    They crashed across the broad, it was there severs. They were back up about 8:45pm Sucked but at least they got it back up

4. Default  
    Bummer, yeah we called but couldn't get an answer, I really hope it doesn't happen again this weekend. It cost us a bunch of money and angry customers....our phones BLEW up......and not with group reservations lol.

5. Default  
    I heard they didn't answer their phones or anything... that really sucks! I can't believe a ticketing company server would go out knowing how people depend on that service. We've learned over the years a lot about servers which is why we went with the Amazon Cloud ... they have massive servers and they give you more when you need more. I'm glad they got this back up for ya but you have to ask yourself why couldn't that have happened on a Tuesday? LOL

Larry

6. Exclamation TicketLeap Update re: Outage 
    Hello all: I absolutely feel everyone's frustration and I fully understand why you're upset. I wanted to forward an update from TicketLeap's Chief Technology Officer, Keith Fitzgerald...

----------------

"There were service disruptions to the TicketLeap platform on Saturday Oct. 20 and Monday Oct. 22. TicketLeap uses the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform for cloud hosting and the problems on Monday afternoon had a widespread impact on AWS hosted websites. These issues impacted many popular sites including Reddit, Foursquare, Netflix, Minecraft, and others.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellycla...eddit-with-it/

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/1...r-down-in-tow/

TicketLeap is working closely with Amazon on the root cause of the issue and will take the necessary steps to minimize risk of further disruption."

--Keith Fitzgerald
    TicketLeap CTO

----------------

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally. Yours, - Lee

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

7. Default Also... 
    PS: Please know that TicketLeap's entire Tech Dept is on a high-alert status for the remainder of haunt season.

In the meantime, if you have ANY questions or concerns - Please don't hesitate to call my direct # (215) 525-1300 x129

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

8. Default Yeah....it's a real bummer. 
    And I doubt I'll use Ticketleap again, when I replied to their original email back to me I got a copy and pasted response that didn't even answer or say anything relevant to my concerns.

Sorry Lee, but the surprising lack of customer service was just a bit too much throughout this whole thing.

9. Default  
    We had called, emailed and texted Lee about this on Saturday night. I am very glad that we don't run our credit cards through TicketLeap. As Larry Kirchner said, he uses Amazon, and apparently so does TicketLeap. I know that on Monday, HauntWorld was down as well. So, SHIT HAPPENS. Lee with TicketLeap told use to just take people at their word on online ticket sales, and they would cover our costs if someone lied. I know that we have not had any issues with TicketLeap in the past, and we WILL continue to use them. Amazon or not, Technology is only as good as the people you create it.
    Sean Hughes
    sean@pixelpushersinc.com
    847.550.6560 Office
    312.613.7326 Mobile

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

10. Default Ticketleap 
    I think I was the first one or one of the first to contact Lee about this issue at that time he did not know of any problems. I will say that the CEO of the company called me yesterday and told me what happened and I think that's great that he reached out about the issue to me and hopefully he will make a full statement to us all. We all live in the world of the internet and things will happen from time to time we lose connection, email, webpages, websites, the net itself it happens! I am sure Ticketleap would have found a much better time to screw up something if it was on their end. On that note I will say this customer service and tech support is very important to us all much as a scared child to their mother WE NEED that comfort and I have told Lee many times they need a 24 hour tech support person. He's told me many times call him directly but personally I feel that's just to much for him to have to take on when the company can simply hire a tech guy even if its just during peek event times I would say like 6pm to midnight. It's not alot to ask for for comfort. I am told others offer that but I have also been told others don't have it either they just claim to so who knows. Again I think Lee goes way beyond what he should be doing for his company and hopefully hes being rewarded for his efforts. I would say to anyone don's fix it if it's not broke! In 7 years this is the first issue I have had with Ticketleap can you say that about your company? Will they guarantee you that will never happen to them? If so get it in writing because they are full of shit much as shit happens! Give them time to address this. Yes I would have loved to have a update phone call every half hour but I realized I was not the only one! Shane and it's hang in there! Shane

Thread Information