HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: 2012 Attendance up or down so far?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    [QUOTE=Greg Chrise;141951]I think the real world might be getting scarier than what can be created for entertainment.

Nuclear melt downs
    Who is going to be President
    The beginning of WW3 in the middle east
    The economy totally crashing
    What is the new flu epidemic
    Myan Profecy and Bible says things

Well Thanks Greg for my theam for next years Haunt.....lol

But yea my numbers are down by almost 30% also but you never know untill all the cards are laid on the table. And after the whooping the cards took they may be under the table......lol

Shawn

2. Default  
    We are down and i am doing more advertising and being more creative with the advertising as much as i have grown to love this buisness i am starting to have second thoughts

3. Default  
    This is our first year open and though the first weekend of October was a bit slower, this last weekend and coming weekends look to be exponentially bigger for us. Then again we saturated the market here with coupons, radio and TV adds. Plus in fairbanks we are the onlything going on right now. So that does tend to help.

Rob
    Owner
    www.fairbanksasylum.com

4. Default  
    forcast is calling for rain Friday and Saturday.

5. Default  
    Down close to 40% so far this year. Probably the worst in five years, with no real explanation. Even after a really tough (quality-wise) year a few years ago, people still came in droves. Not sure what's up, but it's tough to see so far...
    DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
    www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

6. Default Bad 
    Bad year to open our first indoor haunt! our trail is at 50% of last years number. the indoor is doing about 20% of predictions!

7. Default Could be better - Could be worse 
    This is our first year. We are seeing somewhere around 2/3 the numbers we forcasted and needed to break even. It's so close it's impossible not to dwell on "what could we have done better to motivate them to come out?" Strangely our numbers appear to be matching our Facebook numbers almost exactly.

And then I get to hear that some of the actors who we introduced "haunting" to are saying "I can't wait to apply at Netherworld next year" which is an hour away.

It's hard not to feel a little bummed.

8. Default 2012 Attendance 
    This year we increased our marketing by 500%, moved to a larger building (next door to our old building), built up our show by 200%, have gotten incredible reviews and yet our attendance has been way down. Needless to say we are all scratching our heads!

9. Default Local theatre with 8 screens said it was their worst Sept. ever. 
    So everyone was not at the movies... Believe we eneded down 25%. Which I am actually happy with considering weather we had; Tigers in World Series (LOL) and a nutjob shooting at least 24 cars the last several weeks on the two highways we are at the intersection of. large groups cancelled rather than run the gauntlet of bullets to get to us.

Wicked Farmer

10. Default  
    wickedfarmer,

I hear ya! This has been the worste weather during haunt season that I ever remember. It has rained every weekend. Looks like we may be lucky enough to break even for the season!
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Thread Information