HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Paper Plate Walls

1. Cool Paper Plate Walls 
    Normally I post in the technical haunt area in this forum but today I figure this would benefit home haunters more. I was walking through my local grocery store when I came across these square plates.

paper-plates-1.jpg

The plates are fairly large and once flipped over, taped together, they could make a great facade.

paper-plates-3.jpg

They might also be used for set builds.

paper-plates-4.jpg

These are an inexpensive addition to make a light-weight, great looking walls and props.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

2. Default  
    That's pretty cool.

3. Default  
    Great idea . I have been hitting the dollar stores trying to find paper plates with squared edges . I will post some photos if I use your idea . Thanks for the excellent suggestion .

4. Default Paper Plate Walls 
    Tonight I found another nice addition to the paper plate wall. McDonald's has those cardboard cup holders that are amazing in large numbers. If you had 6 of these and glued them to a wall you could have a great looking industrial/space ship look.

20131217_170917.jpg20131217_170929.jpg
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

5. Default My Find! 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by imagineer View Post
    Tonight I found another nice addition to the paper plate wall. McDonald's has those cardboard cup holders that are amazing in large numbers. If you had 6 of these and glued them to a wall you could have a great looking industrial/space ship look.

20131217_170917.jpg20131217_170929.jpg
    I was in that right place at the right time, an auction . They went very cheap, nobody else saw any potential in these masonite sheets cut odd sizes , that had all these geometric patterns cut into them about 1/4 inch deep?

They had been under an automatic cutter/router? as a machine cut plastic bug shields from sheets of plastic. After they had cut a certain number out they would place a new sheet of the wooden stuff under the blades to keep the blades from prob. hitting the metal table?
    They look like the inside of a space ship or some computer/machine/thing?
    I painted the "circuits" various colors. The sheet of masonite is very heavy and not like OSB at all, very small grianed , tight,solid.
    I seem to be about the only person in this part of the world who can "See" things like this and their potentual, which does keep the price usually lower for Jim! hahahah!

6. Default  
    Nice ideas for cheap supplies.

Thread Information