HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: New Idea for the Week... Actors Rooms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    And Larry, heres my 2 cents. Make this room seperate from the acutall makeup room. During makeup before the show, usually everyone is running around frantic trying to get everything ready. What I think, is once the first few actors get their makeup finished, this room is where they can relax and get in the mood before opening time. As other actors get their makeup finished, they mingle into this room. Once all actors are finished and everyone is in this room, thats when you can see everyone in costume, and give them a pep talk or whatever.
    Also, this can be their break room, when they take their 15 or 20 minute break.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

2. Default  
    Larry,

I think that I have a hard enough time keeping everyone focused and getting them in make-up on time to open. The televisions, in theory, would be a good idea but I woud monitor it carefully and shut them off if it seemed to be too distracting. Like I said, having all the actors in there talking and eating and what not is tough enough to contend with without another distraction. If it worked the way that you see it working, that would be a really nice thing to have. If nothing else, I think that I would find it inspirational.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

3. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Thats what HHN does to pump everyone up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frighteners Entertainment
    I like the idea.
    Here's a thought, maybe clips from past shows (highlights) with added soundtrack from whatever music that would help?

Or maybe playing past Rotting Flesh Radio shows?
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Don't you people understand? TV and Movies are our competition!!
    ("Why am I standing in line here when I could be home watching TV?")
    ("Oh, yah! I forgot! The "Game" is on tonight!")
    ("So these guys spent $1.98 on their effects and I was just bored by a 6o-million dollar movie's special effects...why am I here again?")

5. Default  
    Brad I like your idea with the camera's inside the haunt playing live footage on the TV's in the cue line.

Brian

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    The live feed from inside is great and very interesting until the script becomes rated triple-X. We had this happen just over employees' walky-Talkies as they began describing what they caught a couple doing in the restroom and the couple's friends were outside hearing the transmision!
    "Whoops!"
    Ever have any kid-customers who decided to begin getting noticed by everyone by swearing non-stop?
    The immeadiate shock and "cuteness" wears off real fast to me.

7. Default  
    JUST REMEMBER that if you play horror movies to the line queue, MAKE SURE they are NOT modern ones, or you WILL discover legalities. Archive.org you can download classics for free. Carnival of souls, Night of the Living Dead, White Zombie are all public domain and can be played for free. If you are dead seat on using something more recent, PLEASE MAKE SURE to get permission to do so.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

8. Default  
    This is very true, I'll look up and post the forms when I find the link.

Thread Information