HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: What should be the topic of Stiltbeast Studios next DVD?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silicone mask making

29 21.32%
  • Fantastic costuming

29 21.32%
  • Moving like a monster- Stilts, sliding, and other monster motions

18 13.24%
  • Dynamic HH acting 3- que lines and outside actors

38 27.94%
  • Haunted house design- the basics for success

57 41.91%
  • Collected tricks and tips - to dumb to sell but they work great.

19 13.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Upcoming Stiltbeast studios project poll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Upcoming Stiltbeast studios project poll 
    Hey everyone!
    Im finding myself more and more pressed for time so I really want to focus my efforts on what people want to see from us please take a moment and help me steer my focus where it needs to be.
    thanks for your input,
    Allen Hopps

2. Default  
    Definitely actor training stuff. Of the people not SPFX or CFX making silicone masks and sculpts, they have a long way to go and a badly sculpted silicone mask still appears as a badly sculpted mask regardless of material.

Training is something everyone can use from the pros to the actors and in between.

DA
    Last edited by Darkangel; 05-02-2011 at 01:08 PM.

3. Default  
    Good costumes are really hard to find out there. I think a good costuming video would RAWK!

4. Default  
    Probably sounds bland to some but creating, care and management of wardrobe/costuming hasn't been done (that I've seen). Other than that- quality actor development tips and techniques (like how to hypnotize them -lol) would be worthy imo.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

5. Default  
    ....not that I would complain if you did a silicone mask dvd. I would LOVE to learn how to play around with that.

6. Default  
    COSTUMES! COSTUMES!! COSTUMES!!! -Tyler

7. Default  
    Cue line acting, for sure. It's hard to teach cue line acting to actors in the off season cause you have no cue line to demonstrate on. And I'm too busy during the season to train them. I got some that take to it like a fish to water, but others need some extra help.

Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

8. Default Maybe A Reality-check video? 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Showing, telling explaining, how much devotion and time EVERYTHING requires to even begin to accomplish "Something".
    The novices thinking everything will be quick, easy and wildly sucessfull just because they might have a hour each week to work on something gets very "old" after a very short time.
    I see the haunting field like showbusiness. "He's a virtual overnight success!" And the time spent in that "night" might have just been the last 10 to 15 YEARS, struggling, thinking, training, practising.... then someone says , "I could do that." Without realising the true personal costs involved.............."Yada,yada,yada..."

9. Default  
    There is yet to be a real decent "Haunted House" dvd that shows the basics, explains things, gives tips and tricks, as well as allowing an insiders view to see how some haunts are laid out. This would sell me instantly. I know Larry "tried" to make those DVD's aimed at "how to make a haunted house" but, alas, they sucked. Mostly him Jaw Jacking, and little to no REAL information being put out.

Costuming is also a HUGE priority for alot of haunts that gets overlooked... again, not the GOOD haunts, but alot of the little guys like me need insight on costuming, accessorizing, and making it BELIEVABLE depending on the situation and theming. This DVD, if made, could help ALOT of people get a good idea and ideas for concepts for their character designs, etc. I also think that footwear needs to be covered. lol! I have been to more than a few haunts where they have shoes on that DON'T match their costuming plan... Pretty hard to be scared when they're right in front of you with sketchers on and great makeup.

---- Just my thoughts...

10. Default  
    Probably sounds bland to some but creating, care and management of wardrobe/costuming hasn't been done (that I've seen). Other than that- quality actor development tips and techniques (like how to hypnotize them -lol) would be worthy imo.
    DEFINITELY NOT BLAND. This is one of the MOST influential parts of creating and maintaining a successful character lineup and rememberable actors... You are dead on. =)

-K

Thread Information