HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Attn haunters!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Looks like a fogger with a LED RGB light array. Should be able to make one fairly easily.
    I might try this effect. I ave experimented with light and fog, but have not tried vertically. Should have known, as I prefer
    portrait mode for video effects! Take any thing that is normal and turn it 90 degrees, always works good to disorient and confuse.

Pete

2. Default  
    That's essentially what it is Pete, but the wireless technology in the wireless remote is pretty cool, and it is VERY reactive, you can do a ton of short bursts or a long lasting blaze. It can't be the easiest thing to do if they mass produce it and still need to charge $400 lol, I think the quality with this product is in how it's made, not necessarily what it accomplishes, even though it's the end effect that is REALLY cool in person! The video does NOT do it justice!

3. Default  
    The poor mans copy might not be as slick, but the same effect could be achieved fairly easily. Especially for a fixed location.
    I could see it used for a smokestack or column topper for example. Wireless activation is easy enough, but there may be a more powerful pump used to give more powerful bursts?
    Pete

4. Default  
    Thanks for the kind words Bobby,
    Just wanted to chime in, if any haunters need any lighting hardware from American DJ, Elation, Blizzard, Dark Lights, Acclaim, Lights Alive, WildFire Fx, American Lighting or X-laser, just let us know. If you are not sure what you need but know the effect you are going for we are happy to spec out equipment for custom projects. We also program and install lighting as well as show control and create custom audio/visual effects.
    Best,
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

5. Default  
    It looks like Blizzard Lighting will be selling a similar light that has LED and fog machine...

Details are as follows: 1500-watt DMX controllable fog machine, 2/9 channels, 4* 3-watt TRI color LEDs, comes with wired LCD remote control.

It is not listed on their website yet, but we can start taking orders.

Price is $299. As soon as a video or more info is released we will post it. Contact us with any interest or to pre-order.
    Best,
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    www.darktecheffects.com
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

6. Default  
    I like the lower price, but does that mean lower quality ?

7. Default  
    Chauvet fog machines are a joke. Wait until the haunt owners who have lost hundreds if not thousands on these fog machines that last less than a year speak up. I've had their small ones up through the F-1700, and my 12 year old radio shack fogger outlasted them. The 1700 crapped out in under 8 months, and others here (including Sue from Graystone in Texas) have these laying around because the compressors just stopped working. Sorry to be the negative nancy, but spend your money on a Martin, and grin ear to ear knowing they'll outlast most cars.
    Last edited by NightmareAftershockLLC; 11-14-2012 at 07:07 PM.

8. Default  
    As much as I respect your opinion, I've carried DOZENS of different foggers over the years between haunting and DJ-ing, and have ALWAYS kept an open mind and have been willing to try new and different machines.

That being said, I feel that the Chauvet machines are highly comparable to American DJ, and some of the Martin machines IF they're taken care of.

Overall, most foggers are VERY similar in construction, it's the companies customer service, availability, and willingness to sell/provide replacement parts that makes all the difference in the world.

I've had an off brand fogger for a few years now, it came with a wireless remote and a wired timer (can be used interchangeably), and it's a VERY high output (can't remember off the top of my head but it's over 2000watts) but I've babied it, and taken care of it and it's been making me money and costumers happy for quiet a while!

Fog machines typically fail due to poor upkeep or use on behalf of the person operating them. That isn't to say that some machines are just junk and every now and then you get a bad egg, it happens with everything, and is something you can't use to discredit a whole group.

Usually people complain about cheaper foggers (like the chauvet ones you've described) because they buy them first, and beat them up (kinda like your first car), and then you get the mindset that the foggers suck, and go out and buy a more expensive one from another company, but this time you learned from the fogger you killed and take better care of this more expensive one (even if you don't realize you're doing it...it could be entirely subconscious), and it just so happens to last longer. Buy a $500 machine, take great care of it, and then buy a $60 machine and take all the same care of it, and chances are they'll have the same sort of lifespan.

9. Default  
    I just don't have the time or energy to get into a debate. I've dj'd for many years with a fully digital laptop setup, Dmx foggers and the like. And I can tell you, confidently, that chauvet is cheap garbage, their customer service sucks, and they (as well as their off-brand Antari) make some of the junkiest foggers in the land. I visited Sue. She had 2 Chauvets laying around because they stopped a MONTH after using them. The Martins? Same use, same everything, still running strong. An Martin has a warranty too. Know what chauvet told me after 8 months of my 1700? I had to pay for repairs, and shipping both ways to their Florida HQ. No thanks. Chauvet makes great LED lights (provided you aren't using them for 23.97 HD video) and wonderful laser modules, but the fog industry has been dominated by Martin and higher end companies that stand behind their product.

You will also notice that chauvet foggers tend to have a "burning" smell to them. There was a huge debacle 3-4 years ago where they even admitted to having controller issues where they wouldn't modulate the temperature of their element, so unless you were using a constant flow, the element was essentially cooking the fog's glycerin.

Ask Froggys fog what company they recommend the most. Ask major haunted houses what fog machine they get the most use out of. 9 out of 10 people will say any company but chauvet. I've been dealing with them for 10 years, and short of par cans, lasers, and yoke fixtures, I'd steer clear of their foggers.

Again, I realize you aren't profiting from this post, which is what baffles me even more. Why support a product that you haven't used long term, and can't personally vouch for it?

Give them another 10 years and they might be where the other key players are. Otherwise, I'd go with more reputable companies.

Please don't take this as hostile, I just don't want people to make a mistake, and then THEY are the ones suffering financially, not you. Seems sort of unfair. Post a review after a full haunt season of use, and then we'll see how it fairs against others.

Take care.

10. Default  
    It's all good, you're entitled to your opinion. I've used Chauvet foggers without issue during multiple haunt seasons, but maybe I've just had good luck. And I'll admit Chauvet's customer service blows, I'll never argue that lol, but I got to play with this machine and it was really cool! I'll leave it at that

Martin's Magnum 1800 is one of my favorite machines, btw, but they don't have a product like the one I first posted about. I'm looking forward to seeing the Blizzard Lighting version, I'm not too familiar with them but have heard good things.

Thread Information