HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Attn haunters!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Heh, didn't mean to start a debate or anything really. Just wanted to know if the Blizzard at a lower price would be as good as the Chauvet in your past experiences. Since these are brands I have heard of but never used myself.

2. Default  
    Don't sweat it! People are allowed to have their own opinions lol, you have to go with what you think is right for you, not what I or anyone else say, just try to see through our conflicts and pull the info you need.

I have used a LOT of Chauvet products, and I tend to baby ALL of my equipment, and have not had any major problems with any products I've purchased from any brand, be it Chauvet, American DJ, Martin, Eliminator, etc, I've bought from most established companies, regardless of others reviews. That being said, I've never purchased from Blizzard, but most likely will, just to try them out.

In my opinion, from what I've seen in the Chauvet Geyser, it'd be a great product if used properly.

Blizzard hasn't even released photo/video of their similar effect yet, so I can't really compare.

Now I just have to buy both, THANKS BILL! :P

3. Default  
    To comment on Blizzards build quality, I would say they are in line with American DJ/Chauvet... and sometimes (depending on the model of light) of better quality. Let's be honest most of the talked about LED Brands are all made in China (as is Blizzards). I personally like the Blizzard and ColorKey units better than the American DJ and Chauvet units. Selador and Elation (Static LED fixtures) are a step above these. Just my own opinion.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

4. Default  
    Just one word: GENIUS!!!

C.

(gonna go over this thread with a fine tooth comb)

5. Default  
    I know what you mean about babying them..watching the video where the unit was used on it's side and from above just screamed " WRONG " to me..lol I've been so anal about our care of various electronics and..well..EVERYTHING else.

Guess I'll wait to see a video of the Blizzard unit in action before deciding.

I actually just checked out Frightprops similar vase effect shown earlier. 800.00 !? Wow. From the video the Chauvet does look better than the vase at least.

Anyone think this is a better effect than a flamethrower unit ? We were thinking of adding one for the wow factor outdoors..but of course you have the safety factor to consider. This one doesn't have that problem.

6. Default  
    If you put it on top of a facade, where patrons wouldn't normally feel the heat of a flamethrower, they'd never know the difference, it won't piss off your fire marshal and your insurance won't skyrocket lol.

7. Default  
    From Blizzard:

"We should have the LED/fogger on the site as soon as we get our first production pieces in which should happen in the next week or so.

We have made a really good unit that allows color change control as well as movement of head via DMX along with normal fog functions.

We spent a lot of resources to make a good one."

Just thought I would pass it along. Will get everyone more info as soon as its available.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

8. Default  
    Thanks Bill ! Really sounds like a good product.

9. Default One stop shopping! 
    Thanks for the tip Bobby, Zzounds looks like a great option for me as well since I am a musician as well as haunter! Now I can buy my my music gear and haunt effects from the same place!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

10. Default  
    No problem, I use them ALL the time for DJ gear, be it a new mixer or speakers, and even headphones, mainly cause of their payments!! And let's be honest, sound equipment and lighting from any known brand is all pretty much the same.

But if you're able to pay upfront, Bill (beardedbil) can give some pretty great prices on brands and unlike Guitar Center and Sam Ash, who hire ignorant teens to sell their product, Bill is BEYOND knowledgeable and I can't say enough of the great service he's given me! That and he is a haunter lol so gotta support our fellow haunters!

Thread Information