HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: "Moving" Floor Tiles and Hallways...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    Or you could post it so we cold all benefit from it! I would definitely love to see it.

C.
    Righto ! :grin:

2. Default Now what youve all been waiting for! 
    Ok guys, sorry this took so long. I didnt realize that i'd already had this stuff send to Louisiana for a Haunt im building down there for next year. Anyways, Moral of the story, I didnt have the real one here. But I DID however Make you guys one in Microsoft Paint. I think it turned out really well, and it gives you a more visual concept. I put some details along with some measurements but of course you guys can make it however you wish. Anyways, Enjoy this and please let me know what you think! Obviously your more than welcome to make one of these, but please dont steal credit for my awesome Pic/ Plans

MovingFloorfinaladamcalhoun.png

3. Default  
    Thank you! That definitely gives me a better idea of how it's done!

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Kem View Post
    Thank you! That definitely gives me a better idea of how it's done!
    I am soooo diggin' into this one!

C.

5. Default  
    Glad you guys like it, If I can help you anymore, ill do my best, just let me know!

6. Default SOOOooo, nobody sees? 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A trip-hazard in the 2 by 4s laying there with such deep edges? Some customers can trip on a mere shadow, and do!
    Tolerences should be maintained (and created) by using something much thinner and more durable, like steel, which would require drilling and welding skills.(and tools)
    An optical illusion over or near a flat, smooth floor surface can make people wobble or stagger, yet no 2 by 4 edges await their tailbone or chin.
    Think and build assuming the world's unluckiest, clumbsiest customer will be coming through you place, then do your best and hope like hell they don't find their way to your door.
    Keep the staggering, screaming drunks OUT completely and you will also see much better luck and SO many fewer problems.

7. Default  
    Clearly this is just a model not a blueprint Jim. If you leave a 2x4 sitting out of nowhere then well you probably shouldnt be building things and should hire a contractor. This was just to show a simple method of this. Build ramps etc as you want on either side and it will fix that problem just fine. I made this model using microsoft PAINT so its not to scale. If your worried about a lip on the inside then use a thicker plywood or 2 sheets of it together to make up that "2 inches". Its a non issue, we've never had ANY problems with tripping. Obviously I dont leave a random 4x8 of prop just laying on the floor in the dark.

8. Default I Guess I need glasses? 
    It looked to me in a video shown here that it was constructed with heavy lips (trips)? 2 by 4 's , ex cetra. You illustrated a "simple method" which could be mistaken for an actual workable plan by some, since the "KISS" methodology is so oftern used="Keep It Simple, Stupid"
    Darn those dark fuzzy videos?
    I CAN BE WRONG! I freely and often admit. ( rare commodity, I know, but the right way to be.)
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 11-20-2012 at 10:57 AM.

9. Default  
    Sorry I hadnt seen any videos , If your talking about the FProps vidoes on this subject, those ive seen. Just thought those looked... well Not for me. haha.

10. Default A "Lexan" Floor 
    In the belly of a semi trailer haunt going down the road at 60 MPH would be my kind of scary moving floor!

Thread Information